This easy Instant Pot apple butter is sweetened with maple syrup, making a delicious topping for your favorite bread!
You’ll love this lightly spiced, perfectly sweet apple butter with maple syrup! It’s super easy to make, too!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved the sweet and spiced combination found in a good jar of apple butter.
Whether it’s spread on warm biscuits or freshly baked homemade dinner rolls, it’s such a comforting addition!
When I first started making it, I always made my apple butter in the slow cooker. However, once I became comfortable with my pressure cooker, it was Instant Pot apple butter (or this Instant Pot pumpkin apple butter) all the way!
Why You’ll Love this Apple Butter with Maple Syrup
Most apple butter recipes involve adding some sugar, either white or brown (or both!). If you’re trying to limit your use of refined sugars, maple syrup makes a great alternative!
Plus, the pairing of maple and apple is one that I think nature intended–they go perfectly together!
How to Make Apple Butter with Maple Syrup
It’s really easy to make this simple maple apple butter recipe! You don’t need many ingredients to get a perfect depth of flavor with your homemade apple butter!
To make it easy to peel and slice the apples, I use this incredible gadget. I have no idea how I lived without it–it saves me SO much time and energy!
I use it every time I make apple butter, applesauce, or apple pie. You can also use it to peel potatoes!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Maple Syrup
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground allspice
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine all ingredients. First, you’ll combine all of the ingredients in the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
Pressure cook. Next, you’ll close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 20 minutes at high pressure, followed by a natural release.
Blend. Last, you’ll blend or mash to your preferred consistency. I use an immersion blender, but you could also use a potato masher or let it cool and put it in a blender.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to use whatever kind of apples you like. I’ve used many different varieties and thought they all tasted great. I often use bruised apples or discount apples from the grocery store.
- I usually put extra jars of this in my freezer (make sure your jars are freezer-safe). You could also go through the process of properly canning them if you want them to be shelf-stable!
- 4 lbs apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
- Close lid and set vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 20 minutes at high pressure.
- When cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure. After pressure has released and valve has dropped, carefully remove lid.
- Mash or blend to desired consistency, using an immersion blender or potato masher.
- I've made this with many varieties of apples, and I think they all taste great. Choose a variety that you typically like, or choose a mix of different types of apples!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!