If you’re looking for an easy fruit salad dressing to brighten up your dish, this is it!
This simple yet refreshing fruit salad is topped with a delicious honey lime dressing, creating an easy side dish that’s anything but ordinary!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
During the summer, fresh fruit reigns supreme as the simplest side dish possible.
With berries and melons and all other summer bounty at our fingertips, it just makes sense to put it to good use!
Recently when I was bringing a fruit salad to a family gathering, I decided to mix it up a bit with a simple honey lime dressing. It totally takes a standard, run-of-the-mill fruit salad to the next level!
If you’re looking for side dishes for a BBQ, 4th of July party, or family get-together, this honey lime fruit salad is a great one!
More Easy Salad Recipes:
Why You’ll Love this Fruit Salad Dressing Recipe
If you’ve never had a fruit salad with a simple dressing on it, you’re in for a treat!
The honey in this dressing really highlights the natural sweetness of the fruit. Instead of overpowering the fruit’s sweetness, it enhances it.
The lime juice and lime zest really brighten the flavors, plus help to prevent browning of the fruit.
How to Make Honey Lime Dressing for Fruit Salad
It’s really easy to throw this side dish together in a flash!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Fresh fruit of your choice (I used cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and kiwi–feel free to use what you like or can easily access)
- Lime Zest
- Lime Juice
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Cut and combine the fruit First, you’ll want to combine the fruit in a large mixing bowl. Gently stir to evenly disperse everything.
Mix the dressing. Next, in a separate small bowl, you’ll whisk together the honey, lime juice, and lime zest.
Drizzle and combine. Last, you’ll drizzle the dressing over the fruit, gently stirring to coat the fruit.
Notes and Adaptations:
- I think this is best served fresh, or after chilling for just a short time. If you combine the dressing and then let it set for a while, the juices start to release from the fruit, making it more liquid-y. Ideally, you’ll want to add the dressing close to the time of serving.
- 5 cups of cut/chopped/sliced fresh fruit of your choice (I used cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and kiwi)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Juice of one medium lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- Add fruit to a large mixing bowl, stirring gently to evenly distribute the fruit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, and honey.
- Drizzle dressing over the prepared fruit, stirring gently to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
I think this is best served fresh, shortly after adding the dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!