This corn and tomato salad makes use of summer’s bounty of sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, and pairs with tangy feta cheese for a delightful side dish! I love using the Instant Pot to cook the corn, because it turns out perfectly every time.
Beat the heat by bringing this refreshing corn and tomato salad to summer get-togethers or serving it alongside your grilled fare!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Summer time just beckons us to eat fresh produce, doesn’t it? With gardens bursting with plenty of vegetables and fruits, and with sweltering heat that begs us to leave our ovens off, it’s like our bodies crave cool and refreshing dishes.
I love cold side dishes in the summer! In fact, I often enjoy making a crisp cucumber salad, Italian pasta salad, Instant Pot potato salad, lemon basil pasta salad, honey lime fruit salad, or easy macaroni salad on days like these, but perhaps my most favorite is the salad I’m sharing with you today.
This sweet corn and tomato salad is one that Mother Nature would be proud of!
Tender, sweet corn and ripe, juicy tomatoes were made to be enjoyed together. Add some fresh basil, green onions, feta cheese, and a simple vinaigrette to the mix, and it’s a match made in heaven.
It uses the delightful flavor pairing of my fresh corn and basil muffins, but in a refreshing salad!
It’s the perfect Instant Pot side dish to bring to a BBQ, potluck, or family gathering!
How to Make Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad using the Instant Pot
Ever since I learned how to make Instant Pot corn on the cob, I’ve never cooked it on the stove top again.
Not only does the corn turn out perfectly every time, but it’s so much easier. No waiting for a pot of water to boil, no heating up the kitchen by turning on the stove, etc.
New to the Instant Pot? Check Out These Helpful Resources:
- Everything You Need to Know to Get Started Making Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes
- How to Reheat Leftovers in the Instant Pot
- How to Make Your Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes in the Pressure Cooker
So for this recipe, I’m showing you how to make the salad with corn cooked in the pressure cooker, but if you don’t have one, just boil the corn on the stove top (or grill it, or whatever method you prefer)!
First, you’ll add some water to the insert pot of an Instant Pot. Place the trivet into the insert pot and set some corn on the cob on the trivet.
Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a 3 minute cook time at high pressure.
Once the cook time is complete, perform a quick release of pressure. After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully open the lid.
Use tongs or other utensil to remove the corn to a cutting board.
While the corn cools a bit, assemble the vinaigrette.
In a mixing bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, green onions, and fresh basil. Stir gently.
Next, carefully cut the kernels off of the cob and add to the mixing bowl, along with the halved tomatoes. Stir gently to combine.
I wait to add the feta cheese until I’m ready to serve. You can definitely serve it right away if you want (I’ve done this when I’m short on time), but I prefer to let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours prior to serving.
Right before serving, add the feta and stir gently to combine.
Notes and Adaptations:
- The vinaigrette can be customized according to your tastes–add more or less oil or vinegar, add in more green onions, etc.
- You can substitute goat cheese for the feta cheese if preferred.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can boil the corn on the stove top.
- I have only ever made this with fresh corn, and I highly recommend that’s what you use. However, if you don’t have access to fresh corn, I would recommend frozen corn before canned corn.
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp chiffonade or chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In the insert pot of an Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water. Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Place the corn on the cob onto the trivet in the insert pot, stacking as needed.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 3 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, perform a quick release of pressure. After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the corn with tongs or an oven mitt and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, green onions, and basil.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add to the serving bowl, tossing to combine well. Add the halved tomatoes and stir gently to combine.
- You can serve immediately, or allow it to chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours prior to serving.
- Just before serving, add feta cheese and gently stir to combine.
Did you make it and love it? I appreciate your 5-Star review!
I love to see these recipes come to life "in the wild!" Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @marginmakingmom and use #marginmakingmom so I can see your creation!
Adapted from Our Best Bites
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Mercer Culinary M22608 Millennia 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!