Fresh broccoli and cauliflower in the air fryer is so simple and flavorful you will make this easy air fryer side dish again and again.
Tender crisp bite-sized pieces of Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower are perfectly seasoned and ready in just a few minutes.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I’m always on the hunt for a simple, yet versatile side dish. Potatoes fit the bill but are loaded with starch and sometimes we just need something a little more nutrient dense.
Broccoli and cauliflower are the perfect easy side dish for almost any diet. They taste fresh, can be cooked quickly, are low in carbs and pair beautifully with almost any protein.
I could eat raw vegetables all day long, but roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and makes healthy sides that appeal to more people.
This air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe yields veggies that are tender, but not mushy, and the circulated air gives them a crispy crunch on the outside that’s nutty and delicious.
Roasted broccoli florets are an old favorite but it takes a little while to get them cooked just right. Air fried broccoli and cauliflower are easy to prepare and cook to perfection in just 15 minutes.
It’s an easy side dish that tastes just like oven roasted broccoli and cauliflower, but in less time!
More Air Fryer Dishes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Crispy Crowns
- Air Fryer Crinkle Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken
- Air Fryer Naan Pizza
Air Fryer Cauliflower and Broccoli Tips & Tricks
This air fryer recipe couldn’t be any easier but here are a few tips to make sure your roasted vegetables turn out perfect every single time.
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Cut the broccoli into even sized pieces for consistent cooking.
- Cut your cauliflower florets into slightly smaller pieces than the broccoli because they can take a little bit longer to cook.
- Don’t skip the olive oil. It helps the seasoning to stick and will also prevent the broccoli from burning.
- Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
- Cook in batches if necessary. Set the cooked vegetables aside until all is cooked then toss everything back into the air fryer for a few minutes to rewarm.
- Add a splash of lemon juice before serving.
- Serve with a side of ranch or honey mustard and kids will gobble them up.
How to Make Air Fried Broccoli and Cauliflower
It’s really easy to make this easy air fryer side dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make this Easy Recipe:
(Full printable recipe card is available below)
Prepare the vegetables. First, you’ll wash and trim the cauliflower and cut it into florets.
Do the same with the broccoli.
Season the broccoli and cauliflower. Combine broccoli, cauliflower, and garlic in a large bowl. Next, you’ll drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Toss well to coat.
Prepare the air fryer. Then, you’ll line the basket of air fryer with a piece of parchment paper, if desired (this makes for easier cleanup, but is optional). Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
Cook the vegetables. Last, you’ll pour the mixture into the prepared basket of an air fryer, keeping the pieces in a single layer as much as possible (some overlap is fine).
Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking, until broccoli and cauliflower are easily pierced with a fork or knife.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to adjust seasonings to your taste, if desired! The sky’s the limit with this healthy side dish. You can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic, add onion powder, or other seasonings you like.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 large head of broccoli, washed, trimmed and cut into florets
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine broccoli and cauliflower florets, along with garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Toss well to coat.
- Line the basket of air fryer with a piece of parchment paper, if desired (this makes for easier cleanup, but is optional). Preheat air fryer to 350F.
- Pour mixture into the prepared basket of an air fryer. Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking, until broccoli and cauliflower are easily pierced with a fork or knife.
- Feel free to adjust seasonings to your preference!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes:
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!