Sometimes called 7-can soup, taco soup in the Instant Pot is an easy, hearty meal your family will love!
You’ll love how quickly this Instant Pot taco soup comes together, thanks to basic ingredients and the power of the pressure cooker!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
For many years, the slow cooker was my best friend in the kitchen.
As a newlywed, I was a high school teacher and didn’t have a lot of time in the evenings to cook meals.
Later, I became a nurse, which meant I was working shifts that were at least 12 hours long, so getting home at 8pm meant that dinner needed to be already cooking.
Then you add small kids to that, and the slow cooker was even more important for easy dump and go meals.
Slow cooker taco soup was one of the first Crockpot meals I learned to make. I loved it because it was super easy and frugal, and it could feed a crowd easily.
It’s pretty similar to a chili, using beef, beans, corn, and taco seasonings. I love it paired with some corn chip scoops and shredded cheese–so good!!
And the best part is that it’s incredibly easy!
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Taco Soup
I still love my slow cooker, but these days, I find myself converting most of my favorite slow cooker recipes to pressure cooker recipes. The main reason is that it’s faster!
I don’t have to remind myself to put everything in the slow cooker early in the day when the Instant Pot will do the same thing in a fraction of the time.
The best Instant Pot soup recipes are those that leave you longing for cooler weather and shorter days–and that’s how I know you’re going to love this Instant Pot taco soup!
Related Recipes You’ll Love:
- The Most Delicious Chili in the Pressure Cooker
- Easy 4 Ingredient White Chicken Chili in the Pressure Cooker
- BBQ Chicken Chili in the Pressure Cooker
- The Best Instant Pot Chili Recipes
How to Make Taco Soup in the Instant Pot:
It’s super easy to make this taco soup in the pressure cooker!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- round beef
- Taco seasoning
- Ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
- Pinto beans
- Kidney beans
- Diced tomatoes with chiles
- Petite diced tomatoes
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Brown the beef. You’ll begin by browning some ground beef, using the Saute function of your Instant Pot.
Once it’s browned, turn off the Instant Pot.
Combine all ingredients. Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
Pressure cook. Select a cook time of 3 minutes at high pressure using the Manual/Pressure Cook button.
After the cook time has completed, you can either allow a natural pressure release, or you can allow a 10-minute natural release followed by a quick release. Voila!
- Instant Pot (I have the DUO60 model, but there are several options)
Give it a try–I’m sure you’ll love this pressure cooker taco soup for its deep and soul-warming flavor, the ease of preparation, and the fact that it’s the perfect weeknight meal!
Pair it with some tortilla chips or a grilled cheese sandwich and you’re set! 🙂
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cans corn, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 2 cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles, undrained
- 1 large 28-oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
- Add ground beef to the insert pot of an Instant Pot. Using the Saute function, brown the beef, breaking it apart with a spoon or spatula as it cooks.
- Once beef has cooked, press the Keep Warm/Cancel button to turn off the Saute function. Drain excess grease if needed.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the insert pot, stirring to combine well.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position. Using the Manual/Pressure Cook function, select a 3 minute cook time at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, you can either allow a natural release until all pressure is released, or you can perform a 10-minute natural release followed by a quick release of remaining pressure.
- After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid. Stir and serve!
- Feel free to use different varieties of beans, if preferred. You can use all kidney beans (light or dark red), all pinto beans, black beans, or whatever you prefer.
- This soup freezes great!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 734mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!