This dump-and-start Instant Pot chicken taco soup is a hearty, warming meal that doesn’t take all day to make!
You’ll love how easy it is to make this flavorful Instant Pot chicken taco soup!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Homemade taco soup was one of the first homemade soup recipes I learned to make.
I originally used my slow cooker to make it, but then once I learned how to use a pressure cooker, I started making Instant Pot taco soup.
It’s still one of my favorite soups to this day. But since that version includes beef, I thought I would create a version that uses chicken.
This Instant Pot chicken taco soup is every bit as flavorful as its beef counterpart, and every bit as easy to make!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup with Ranch Dressing and Taco Seasoning
One of my favorite things about this taco soup is that you just need a few cans and a couple of packets to make this meal sing!
I use a packet of taco seasoning and a packet of ranch seasoning mix to provide loads of flavor. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Some people call this a “7-can chicken taco soup” because recipes often call for 7 cans of ingredients, such as beans and tomatoes.
No matter what you call it, the result is a delicious Instant Pot Mexican chicken soup that is filling and easy!
How to Make Chicken Taco Soup in the Instant Pot
It’s really easy to whip up a batch of this homemade Mexican-inspired chicken soup!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tomato soup
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes with chilies (such as Rotel)
- Black beans
- Pinto or Kidney beans
- Taco seasoning
- Ranch seasoning
- Sour cream (optional)
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine ingredients. In the insert pot of the Instant Pot, combine all of the ingredients except the sour cream.
Pressure cook. Next, you’ll pressure cook at high pressure for 5 minutes, followed by a natural release of pressure.
Shred chicken. Last, you’ll shred the chicken and add the sour cream to the soup. Stir everything together and serve!
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to omit the sour cream if you need a dairy-free version or want to cut some calories.
- Instead of Rotel, you could also use 1 cup of salsa.
- You can add chopped bell pepper if desired.
- You can also make this with frozen chicken! Increase the cook time to 15 minutes in this case.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I have the DUO60 model)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10-oz can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cans pinto or kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch mix seasoning
- Optional: Diced bell pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- In the insert pot of the Instant Pot, combine all ingredients except sour cream.
- Close lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure. After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Add sour cream to the soup and stir as it melts into the broth.
- Shred the chicken and return to the pot, stirring to combine.
- Serve, topping with shredded cheese, avocado slices, more sour cream, or tortilla chips as desired!
- Feel free to omit the sour cream if you need a dairy-free option or want to cut calories.
- In lieu of Rotel, you could also use 1 cup of salsa.
- You can add chopped bell peppers if desired.
- You can also use frozen chicken! Increase cook time to 15 minutes in this instance.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1683mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 14gSugar: 10gProtein: 39g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!