You can make an easy teriyaki chicken bowl at home, thanks to the quick cooking power of the Instant Pot!
These delicious Instant Pot teriyaki chicken bowls are a cinch to make, so you can skip takeout!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I love enjoying Asian-style food from local restaurants, including several chicken dishes and rice, lo mein and veggies, and more. It’s all just so good!
But it isn’t always practical to go out to eat or order takeout.
So I’ve learned how to make some classic dishes at home, because that’s much more budget-friendly, and it is super easy to do!
Most recently, I made teriyaki chicken bowls for us to enjoy at home, which were a hit!
As with many of my favorite Asian-style recipes, I’ve created a way to make it in the Instant Pot, which is a great time-saver for us busy moms!
More Easy Asian-Inspired Recipes:
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Sesame Chicken with Rice
- Instant Pot Kung Pao Chickpeas
- Quick & Easy Veggie-Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef with Rice
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken and Rice
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Bowl
One of the best things about this recipe is that it uses a jar of teriyaki sauce.
If you have all of the ingredients on hand to make your own teriyaki sauce, be my guest! But sometimes it’s nice to have a little shortcut, isn’t it?
Another reason you’re going to love this recipe is that you can cook the rice and the chicken together at the same time!
For the veggies, you can either chop some up or buy a bag of steamable veggies from the produce section. I used broccoli, but you can choose whatever you prefer!
All in all, this is one super easy meal, from start to finish, that will allow you to enjoy a tasty dinner with minimal effort.
How to Make this Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe
It’s really easy to make teriyaki bowls in the Instant Pot! You’ll need a few basic ingredients to get started.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Bottle of teriyaki sauce
- Uncooked white rice
- Steamable veggies of choice
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine chicken and sauce. First, you’ll combine the chicken, sauce, and a little water in the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
It’s important to add a little bit of water to thin the sauce, so it doesn’t scorch on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Place the trivet directly on top of the chicken.
Prepare the rice. Next, you’ll combine rice and water in a greased heatproof pan that fits in your Instant Pot. I love using this bundt pan for this purpose–it works great! Lower the pan onto the trivet.
Cook. Last, you’ll cook at high pressure for 4 minutes, followed by a natural release. While the pressure is releasing, go ahead and steam your veggies in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Assemble. Assemble the teriyaki bowls by spooning rice, chicken and sauce, and veggies into a bowl. Enjoy!
Notes and Adaptations:
- Plain white rice works best for this recipe because its cook time is closest to what the chicken needs. I would not recommend brown rice, which has a much longer cook time. You could use jasmine rice or basmati rice, but you will need to increase the cook time to 6 minutes, which will cook your chicken a bit more.
- Feel free to add other ingredients as you desire–pineapple, cabbage, or bell peppers would be nice additions. These can be added during the cook time.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 14-oz bottle of teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Steamable vegetables of choice (I used broccoli)
- In the insert pot of the Instant Pot, combine teriyaki sauce and 1/4 cup water, whisking to combine well. Add in chicken pieces and stir to coat. Place the trivet directly on top of the chicken.
- Spray a baking pan that will fit in your Instant Pot with cooking spray. In the pan, combine rice and 1 1/4 cup water.
- Lower the pan of rice onto the trivet. Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Select a cook time of 4 minutes at high pressure. When the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure.
- While the pressure is releasing, steam the vegetables.
- After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid and lift out the pan of rice (it will be hot!).
- Assemble rice, chicken, sauce, and vegetables in individual bowls.
- Feel free to add other ingredients as you desire--pineapple, cabbage, or bell peppers would be nice additions. These can be added during the cook time.
- Plain white rice works best for this recipe because its cook time is
closest to what the chicken needs. I would not recommend brown rice, which has a much longer cook time. You could use jasmine or basmati rice, but you will need to increase the cook time to 6 minutes, which will cook your chicken a bit more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 5009mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 82g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!