These Instant Pot Chicken Dinner Ideas taste great and will make your family happy!
Cooking dinner is a breeze with this list of Instant Pot chicken dinner recipes!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Whether you are looking for an easy dinner for your family or something to serve guests, chicken is flavorful, well-loved, and affordable. But you probably don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen!
That’s part of the reason I love my Instant Pot!
With most recipes, I can just toss in the ingredients and let the pressure cooker do all the work while I set the table, freshen up or visit with friends and family.
I sure don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen, and because everything cooks in one pot, cleanup is usually a breeze too.
Chicken is my go-to protein because it’s inexpensive, almost everyone likes chicken, and I usually have a healthy supply in my freezer.
Pair that with ingredients I already have in my pantry and these Instant Pot chicken dinner ideas may just be the best thing since sliced bread.
Delicious Pressure Cooker Chicken Dinner Recipes
I’m not about guesswork when it comes to getting dinner on the table, so I keep a pretty extensive list of Instant Pot chicken dinner recipes handy.
Whether you want comfort food, Mexican food, something spicy or an Asian-style dish, these easy Instant Pot chicken recipes for dinner will please your whole family.
Cooking Tips for Instant Pot Chicken Dinner Ideas
Chicken is such a time saver in the kitchen, but the last thing you want is undercooked or overcooked chicken. Here are some cooking tips to help you make sure your chicken dinner recipes for the Instant Pot turn out perfect every time!
- Saute the Chicken if Needed – The Instant Pot saute function lets you brown meat and veggies and can enhance flavor in a recipe. If a recipe calls for doing this, don’t skip that step! But many Instant Pot recipes don’t require it, which can save some time.
- Cooking Times Depend On Size of Chicken – Cooking times are designed to make sure the chicken fully cooks. These times are based on the size of the chicken pieces. Many recipes specify cutting chicken a certain way, so be sure to follow those instructions.
- Check for Doneness – Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F. If the chicken is not done, you can reseal the pot and do a 0 or 1-minute pressure cook and check again.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken for these Easy Instant Pot Dinner Ideas?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in your Instant Pot, and many chicken dinner recipes provide instructions for cooking using frozen chicken.
Using frozen chicken will increase your cook time, which is important to note.
If the recipe doesn’t give you alternative instructions for using frozen chicken, it’s probably sasfest to stick with thawed chicken, especially if the recipe includes veggies, pasta, or other ingredients that would be overcooked if you were to increase the cook time.
More Easy Dinner Ideas:
- Instant Pot Recipes Using Frozen Meatballs
- Easy Instant Pot Weeknight Dinner Ideas
- Soul-Warming Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipes
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!