You’ll love how fast you can make this flavorful pressure cooker ranch chicken sandwich filling.
Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Sandwiches are made with simple ingredients for the perfect weeknight meal.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Getting dinner on the table fast is priceless, especially on a busy weeknight. Having a few simple recipes on hand, chicken in my freezer and a few ingredients in my pantry has kept us from calling for takeout on more than one occasion.
I love being able to toss a few ingredients into the pressure cooker and know dinner will be ready practically before I can even get the table set.
This Instant Pot chicken with ranch dressing mix is ready in less than 40 minutes and can be used to make sandwiches, served over pasta or rice, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
More Quick-Cooking Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Taco Chicken
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken
How to Serve Instant Pot Ranch Chicken
I love how fast this chicken recipe cooks, but I also love that it is so versatile and customizable. Here are a few ways to serve it:
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwiches – Pile some of the chicken onto a hamburger or slider bun and top with melted provolone cheese, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, pickles, or any of your favorite sandwich toppings.
- Chicken Pasta – Toss the cooked ranch chicken with your favorite pasta. Serve with a side salad.
- Loaded Potatoes – Scoop on top of a baked potato along with bacon, shredded cheddar, and sliced green onion.
- Easy Appetizer – Spread the ranch chicken onto crackers or crostini for a mouthwatering appetizer.
- Mexican Casserole – Fill tortillas with the ranch chicken mixture, shredded cheese, and roll—layer in a casserole dish with enchilada sauce and additional cheese for a tasty Mexican ranch chicken casserole.
How to Make Instant Pot Ranch Packet Chicken
It’s really easy to make this “dump and start” meal with a few ingredients you have in your pantry.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Ginger ale
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine the ingredients. First, you’ll place the chicken breast into the instant pot, sprinkle with the dry seasonings and pour over the ginger ale.
Seal and set. Next, you’ll seal the instant pot and set it at high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow for a natural release of pressure before removing the lid.
Shred and serve. Last, you’ll place the chicken breast on a cutting board and shred using 2 forks. Return the shredded chicken to the juices in the pressure cooker and mix before serving.
Notes and Adaptations:
- This recipe makes enough for 6 sandwiches. Leftovers should be stored in the fridge in a tightly sealed container and used within three days.
- Does your family love spicy food? Replace the ranch seasoning mix with the spicy ranch seasoning packets.
- Instant Pot (I have the DUO60 model) or other electric pressure cooker
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut in half
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 packages ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Place chicken breast pieces in the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, black pepper, and ranch seasoning mix.
- Pour ginger ale over the chicken.
- Close lid and set vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure. After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks and return to the liquid, if desired.
- Serve on buns topped as desired with provolone cheese, cole slaw, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, bacon, pickles, or whatever floats your boat!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 858mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 49g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!