These Instant Pot Greek Chicken bowls are so easy and flavorful–this recipe will become one of your favorite weeknight meals!
Instant Pot Greek Chicken is loaded with garlic, lemon, and oregano to give this dish a fresh Mediterranean flavor with very little prep work.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Life tends to get busy and hectic, so eating healthfully can sometimes feel like a chore. This pressure cooker Greek chicken was just the solution I needed to make a dinner that tasted great and was good to our bodies.
This easy chicken dish can be prepped in almost no time at all, and it’s a versatile and healthy dinner option.
This recipe makes a flavorful chicken that can be served over quinoa, rice, or couscous. You can top it with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, olives, etc. for a delicious Greek dinner bowl.
Save a little bit of the marinade and drizzle it over the top for a burst of flavor.
You might choose to double this recipe because the leftovers can be served in a pita or wrap, or over a salad for a light and easy on-the-go lunch option. This is a fabulous “cook once, eat twice” kind of meal!
More Instant Pot Chicken Dishes You Will Love:
- Instant Pot Taco Chicken
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Instant Pot Ranch Chicken
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breasts
Lemon, Garlic, and Oregano are the Flavors of the Greek Isles
The simple sauce (no need to marinate for hours) gives this chicken dish its Greek and Mediterranean flair. Lemon, garlic, and oregano are traditional flavors found in the Greek Isles and add a bright, fresh flavor to the chicken.
The sauce can be used as a marinade if time allows, but it’s not necessary. Use the sauce to add flavor to roasted potatoes or as a salad dressing.
I chose to use garlic powder to make this recipe ultra-easy, but fresh garlic will add a burst of flavor if you have it on hand. Start by using a few cloves of minced garlic, adding more to taste. The fresh garlic’s flavor will mellow as it is cooked, but it will be stronger than garlic powder.
How to Make Greek Chicken in Instant Pot
It’s really easy to make this flavorful Instant Pot Mediterranean chicken dish that is super versatile and can be served over quinoa, rice, or couscous.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Chicken breast
- Red onion
- Lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Slice the chicken and onions. First, you’ll cut each chicken breast into three pieces and place it into the Instant Pot’s insert. Top the chicken with thin slices of red onion.
Coat the Chicken. Next, you’ll whisk together lemon juice, water, garlic powder, pepper, salt, oregano, olive oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Pour it over the chicken and onions and stir to combine.
Pressure Cook the Chicken. Then you will cook the chicken and onions for 4 minutes at high pressure followed by a natural release.
Shred and Serve. Last, you’ll shred the chicken and then return it to the juices in the Instant Pot insert before serving as desired.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Rosemary is also a popular Mediterranean flavor. If you have some on hand, try adding about 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary to the sauce before pouring over the chicken.
- You can also purchase Mediterranean or Greek seasoning blends. However, many of these have a lot of added salt, so be sure to taste before using and omit the additional salt. I prefer to just use the basic ingredients I already have on hand.
- If you prefer to use fresh garlic, use several cloves of minced garlic in place of the dried garlic.
- If you’re using whole frozen boneless chicken breasts, I’d recommend increasing the cook time to 15 minutes.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut into three pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- For serving: Cooked quinoa, rice, couscous; fresh chopped tomatoes, cucumbers; feta cheese and olives, or with pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
- Place chicken pieces into the insert pot of the Instant Pot. Add onions on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, water, garlic powder, pepper, salt, oregano, olive oil, and vinegar. Pour over the chicken and onions. Stir to coat.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 4 minutes at high pressure. After the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure.
- Once the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid. Shred the chicken and return to the juices in the Instant Pot, if desired.
- Serve over quinoa, rice, or couscous. Top with cucumbers, tomatoes, feta crumbles, and olives if desired. You could also serve with pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
To cook using frozen chicken breasts, I recommend increasing the cook time to 15 minutes at high pressure.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 619mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 52g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!