Peanut butter cookies made with cake mix are thick, soft and perfectly chewy.
Yellow cake mix peanut butter cookies are easy to mix, easy to bake and so delicious to devour. These cookies will quickly become your new favorite!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Calling all peanut butter lovers! Gather ’round because you’re in for a peanut buttery treat.
I’m no stranger to peanut butter cookies. They may be my favorite kind of cookie, and I love them even more when I have a good shortcut recipe!
In fact, I’ve made pancake mix peanut butter cookies and easy Bisquick peanut butter cookies. I’ve even made peanut butter cookies in the air fryer.
So it’s no surprise that I also made cake mix peanut butter cookies–which may be one of my favorite recipes to ever come out of my kitchen.
These perfectly chewy and soft cookies are made with a boxed cake mix and just a handful of other ingredients.
The recipe comes together in mere minutes and the result is thick peanut butter flavored cookies that will rival any cookies from a bakery.
If you’re looking for an easy peanut butter cookie recipe that doesn’t require a lot of measuring and mixing, this is it!
More Shortcut Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
Customizing Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
Yellow cake mix peanut butter cookies are incredible as they are, but there is something fun about tweaking this easy cookie recipe and having a little fun with it.
That’s the beauty of cake mix recipes–they’re really easy to adapt without too much fear of messing things up.
Since these delicious peanut butter cookies use only a few ingredients, it’s so easy to make changes and additions to the easy recipe!
You can really make these peanut butter cake mix cookies shine, if you want!
Mix-ins: I love adding mix-ins to cookies! It’s like finding a little surprise when you bite into the cookie.
Some of my favorites include chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips for a double dose of peanut butter goodness.
Cake Mix: Yellow cake mix has a sweet, buttery, vanilla flavor, but you can make these cookies with white cake mix as well.
Chunky Peanut Butter: If you love bits of peanuts, mix in some chunky peanut butter. You can also toss in a handful of chopped peanuts, walnuts or pecans for extra crunch.
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Cookies with Cake Mix
It’s really easy to make yellow cake mix peanut butter cookies. Their chewy texture and peanut butter flavor is swoon-worthy!
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Box Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Sugar (for rolling)
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Mix the ingredients. First, you’ll combine cake mix, eggs, oil, peanut butter, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer).
Blend the dough. Next, you’ll mix just until a soft dough forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed
Roll into balls. Next, you’ll scoop dough out into small balls. If desired, roll each ball in sugar.
Criss-cross the dough. Next, you’ll place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use the tines of a fork to create a criss-cross pattern on each cookie, pressing gently to flatten slightly.
Bake and serve. Last, you’ll bake for about 10 minutes of baking time, then remove cookie sheet from oven. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these perfect peanut butter cookies with a tall glass of milk!
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to add mix-ins if you’d like, such as chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- I prefer the flavor of yellow cake mix in this recipe, but you can use white cake mix if that’s what you have on hand.
- I find that these cookies are sweet enough as it is, but you could also add 1/4 cup of brown sugar if you want to deepen the sweetness a bit.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- I have not tested this recipe with natural peanut butter (the kind that you have to refrigerate), so I’m not sure if that will work.
- Use this as the base recipe for making peanut butter blossoms with Hershey Kisses!
Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
Enjoy soft and chewy peanut butter cookies, made with cake mix!
- 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl with an electric handheld mixer), combine cake mix, eggs, oil, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on low speed, just until a soft dough forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop dough out into small balls. If desired, roll each ball in sugar.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Use the tines of a fork to create a criss-cross pattern on each cookie, pressing gently to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
More Delicious Recipes Using Cake Mix:
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake made with Chocolate Cake Mix
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!
Leave a Reply