Cranberry Pistachio Bread is a festive holiday quick bread that’s easy to make from scratch and is the perfect holiday gift for anyone who deserves a special treat.
This homemade cranberry pistachio bread comes together quickly for an easy Christmas morning breakfast or dessert treat–or give it as a gift!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
My original Holiday Pistachio Bread has been both a family and reader favorite for years. It’s moist and flavorful and looks like Christmas on a plate.
Some of you were looking for something that didn’t use a boxed cake mix. Something that felt a little more homemade.
I’ve heard your requests and developed this pistachio bread recipe without cake mix. It’s just as easy to make, tastes amazing, and is beautiful enough to give as a gift.
This cranberry pistachio quick bread is going to be your new favorite edible gift! There’s good reason why it made it onto my list of the best pistachio desserts!
This from-scratch pistachio loaf with cranberries is easier to make than you think.
The cake-mix version of this recipe was popular because it was so effortless. Well, I’m here to tell you that making pistachio bread from scratch is just as simple.
As a bonus, you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
In just over an hour, you can be enjoying a warm slice of lovely pastel green pistachio bread studded with fresh sweet cranberries for breakfast, dessert, or an anytime treat.
More Pistachio and Cranberry Recipes You’ll Love:
- Pistachio Whoopie Pies
- Pistachio Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- Instant Pot Nantucket Cranberry Pie
How to Make Cranberry Pistachio Nut Bread
It’s really easy to make cranberry pistachio bread from scratch!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Vanilla extract
- Whole fresh cranberries
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Instant pistachio pudding mix
- Chopped pistachios
Add Photo Here
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Cream butter and sugar. First, you’ll use your electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar with the paddle attachment. When light and fluffy, add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Chop the cranberries. Next, you’ll combine the whole cranberries with 1 TBSP of sugar in a food processor. Pulse the berries until just roughly chopped and stir them into the butter and sugar mixture.
Combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and pistachio pudding mix, being sure to break up any lumps.
Mix everything together. Begin by adding about half of the dry ingredients to the mixer on low speed. Add the 1/2 cup of milk followed by the remaining dry ingredients and the chopped pistachios.
Bake. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Notes and Adaptations:
- To make this bread even prettier, sprinkle the top with more chopped pistachios just before baking.
- The bread will slice easier the day after you make it (or once it’s completely cooled). Use a serrated or electric knife for the best results.
- This pistachio bread with cranberries freezes well. Wrap in two layers of plastic wrap before freezing, and be sure to eat it within two or three months for the best taste.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup + 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, beating well to combine.
- In a food processor, combine cranberries and 1 TBSP sugar. Pulse to process just until roughly chopped. Add these into the sugar and egg mixture, mixing on low speed just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pistachio pudding mix. Whisk to combine, breaking apart any lumps of pudding mix.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Add the milk, mixing to combine.
- Add remaining flour mixture and chopped pistachios, mixing just until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, smoothing out the top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
The pudding mix can be omitted if preferred, though I love the light green hue and the hints of pistachio flavor it adds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!