These baking and cooking kits for kids make it easy and fun to be hands-on in the kitchen!
Have a child who loves being active in the kitchen? Give them the gift of a baking kit or cooking kit for kids!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Involving kids in the kitchen is a fabulous way to teach them how to cook, meal plan, and appreciate food. It can also be a fantastic form of creative expression, and can help with picky eating, too!
My love for baking began when I was just a child, and now my own children have the desire to be included in the daily food preparation in our home.
If you have or know a child who has an interest in baking or cooking, there are some amazing resources available today to make it even easier for them to explore their interest!
If you’re looking for cooking classes for kids, I recommend checking out these amazing resources from Kids Cook Real Food:
Baking and Cooking Kits for Kids
Now, moving on to the actual subscription boxes! These are the boxes that are featured in this article:
Read on to learn more about each option, including pros and cons of each.
If you’re planning on giving a box as a gift, I even have a printable gift letter at the end of this article that you can download for free!
The 7 Best Baking and Cooking Boxes for Kids
I’m sharing about some super fun baking kits and cooking boxes for kids, which make incredible gifts for the children in your life!
1. Raddish Kids
The Raddish Kids box is a themed monthly subscription box that automatically delivers to your door.
The Raddish Kids box has a different theme each month, which helps ensure each box is new and different than any other box. These can be seasonal, global, or holiday themes.
It comes with easy-to-follow recipe guides, a kitchen tool, and related activities.
You can also read my full review of the Raddish Kids box to see how much we enjoyed it in our home.
You can sign up now and use code ATHOME to save $15 off a 6-month subscription!
Pros of Raddish Kids:
- Teaches specific culinary skills each month.
- Each box includes a kitchen tool.
- Easy to follow recipes, a grocery list, and fun activities to correspond with the theme of the month.
- Recommendations are given for ingredient substitutions (perfect for families with allergies or food restrictions).
Cons of Raddish Kids:
- Food is not included, so you do still have to purchase necessary ingredients.
Sign up here for a Raddish Kids box and use code ATHOME to save $15!
2. Whisk Takers
Whisk Takers boxes are baking kits that are shipped directly to your home–perfect for the dessert lover!
Each Whisk Takers box comes with the recipe card as well as pre-measured ingredients, so it’s a less-mess kind of project.
Pros of Whisk Takers:
- Includes pre-measured ingredients, so no additional shopping is required.
- Could be less messy, since the ingredients are already portioned out.
- Easy to follow recipe accompanies the ingredients.
- You can choose which recipe you want to receive.
Cons of Whisk Takers:
- If you want children to learn how to measure, this kit would not give much practice with that skill.
- No special accessories included.
- This kit is not specifically geared toward kids, but it can certainly be used by children.
Sign up for a Whisk Takers baking box subscription here!
Geared for children ages 3-10, Baketivity children’s subscription boxes are baking kits that include recipes and necessary ingredients, plus some other fun surprises.
In addition to the colorful recipe and pre-measured ingredients, the box comes with a shopping list and additional activities.
Sign up here to receive these fun Baketivity boxes!
Pros of Baketivity:
- Includes pre-measured dry ingredients and kid-friendly instructions.
- Educational lessons and games are included, which are perfect for working on while the treats are baking in the oven!
- Baketivity apron and chef hat are included in the first box.
- They offer a gluten-free option and are certified Kosher.
Cons of Baketivity:
- Wet ingredients are not included, so you may still need to purchase a couple of ingredients.
- Baketivity is not nut-free, so this is not ideal for families with nut allergies.
You can click here to sign up for Baketivity subscription boxes to be delivered to the child in your life!
4. Veggie Buds Club
For something a little different, Veggie Buds Club boxes are designed to teach kids more about vegetables, which can be a great way to get kids to try new foods!
Each box comes with a children’s book featuring vegetables, an activity book, arts and crafts supplies, recipes, and more!
Pros of Veggie Buds Club:
- Focuses on a different vegetable each month–great for picky eaters.
- Educational lessons and activities are included.
- Includes supplies for some of the activities and games, plus recipes featuring that month’s vegetable.
Cons of Veggie Buds Club:
- As with many subscription boxes, this one doesn’t include the actual ingredients for the recipes, so you will need to still purchase those separately.
You can click here to order Veggie Buds subscription boxes to be delivered to the child in your life!
5. Mix Box
Mix Box is another baking box that features a delicious sweet treat each month. The options look so decadent!
Each box comes the recipes and essential ingredients (except for anything perishable), so it’s extra convenient.
Plus, they offer video tutorials to make it extra easy to follow the instructions.
Another awesome feature is that if you aren’t a fan of the baked good chosen for that month, you can swap it out for their cinnamon rolls recipe and ingredients instead. I love that flexibility!
Pros of Mix Box:
- Includes the essential ingredients for executing the recipe.
- Flexibility if you don’t like the offering for the month.
- Includes video tutorials and instructions, so it’s ideal for kids who may not have much experience.
Cons of Mix Box:
- They do not offer a gluten-free option at this time.
You can click here to sign up for Mix Box subscription boxes to be delivered to the child in your life!
Foodstirs is not a subscription service, but instead you can order single baking kit boxes that are super fun!
Each box comes the recipes and essential dry ingredients, so all you’ll need to provide is the perishable ingredients.
Foodstirs prides themselves on being a “junk-free bakery,” offering organic mixes, plant-based dyes, and other better-for-you ingredients.
Pros of Foodstirs:
- Includes the essential ingredients needed for the recipe.
- Organic or natural ingredients.
- Lots of fun options for baked goods you wouldn’t normally make at home.
Cons of Foodstirs:
- Certain kits are sometimes out of stock.
You can click here to order a Foodstirs baking kit to be delivered to the child in your life!
7. Kid Stir
Kid Stir monthly subscription boxes are cooking kits that focus on seasonal ingredients and special occasions.
Geared for ages 4-14, the box comes with three recipes, plus a kitchen tool and creative materials such as a magazine, card game, and stickers.
Pros of Kid Stir:
- Kid Stir emails the parent the shopping list before the box arrives at your house, which makes it super easy to have the ingredients on hand when the excitement of the box is fresh!
- You can easily add sibling tools at checkout, so each child can have something special without needing to order multiple boxes.
- The subscription also comes with perks for the grown-ups, including a magazine subscription to either Real Simple, Parenting, or All Recipe.
Cons of Kid Stir:
- Food is not included, so you’ll still need to shop for ingredients (I like that they email you the shopping list ahead of time!).
Baking and Cooking Gifts for Kids
If you don’t want to go the subscription box route, perhaps you’d like to give a cooking or baking related gift to the child in your life.
- Tovla Jr. Cooking and Baking Gift Set – This fantastic gift set contains plenty of kid-friendly kitchen tools, a few recipes, and a storage container for all of it.
- Sassafras Little Cook Sets – These sets offer kitchen tools for kids.
- Master Chef Junior Set – Another great set of kitchen utensils designed specifically for children.
Baking and Cooking Subscription Boxes for Kids – A Great Gift!
Baking boxes and cooking subscription kits can be a fabulous gift option for the child in your life!
Whether you want to foster independence in the kitchen, feed the flame of interest in your child, or create meaningful memories together, these options are fun ways to do just that.
Want to give a gift subscription? Get a free printable subscription gift letter here (with three designs to choose from!).
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!