This easy chocolate cranberry granola is a cinch to make, uses basic pantry staples, and is endlessly adaptable! It’s great with yogurt or by itself!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Oh my, are you in for a treat with this easy chocolate cranberry granola! I have to say, I have tried several less-than-stellar granola recipes before landing on this one. I find that some granola recipes are too chewy, some are too crumbly, and some simply require a lot of ingredients that are not regularly in my pantry. The others were just never quite satisfying, but this one is so yummy! And can we just talk about how expensive store-bought granola is? And how it often contains a laundry list of ingredients and preservatives? One thing I love about this recipe is that it uses common pantry staples and is a definite cost-saver.
The process is really quite simple and starts by toasting some nuts on the stovetop. Next, you’ll add a bit of coconut oil followed by the oats, cooking until the oats are a little toasted, too. Add in some salt, cinnamon, and honey before baking to golden-brown perfection. As the mixture cools, it hardens, and you can break it up into chunks of whatever size, according to your preference. The addition of dried cranberries and chocolate chips rounds out the sweetness and provides different textures.
We most commonly add this as a topping for our homemade yogurt, but sometimes we can be found simply eating it by the handful for a tasty snack! My kiddos love to munch on it and I can’t say that I blame them. It adds a yummy crunch to ice cream, and I’ve even eaten it as a cereal topped with cold milk.
Because it uses pretty common ingredients, it is easily adaptable based on your preferences. You can use different dried fruit (cherries, raisins, apricots, etc.) or nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.), change out the type of chocolate, and so on. But I have to admit, it is pretty amazing just as it is. Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts (I’ve used pecans, almonds, walnuts—all are tasty! Use what you like)
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit of choice)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large pot or deep pan, add the chopped nuts and toast over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and stir until melted.
- Add the oats, stirring to combine. Continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the salt and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey, mixing well to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto prepared sheet pan in an even layer.
- Bake until golden-brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add in the dried cranberries, mixing well.
- Move the granola to one side of the sheet pan and press lightly to form a thick slab. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, break into pieces and mix in the chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Annie's Eats
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 5gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!