Instant Pot Egg Bites are deliciously light and fluffy bite-sized copycats of Starbucks Sous Vides Egg Bites. They are easy to make and are customizable with endless filling options.
Instant Pot copycat Starbucks egg bites taste just like the ones you get at your favorite coffee shop and are easy to make at home for a fraction of the cost.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I know eating a healthy breakfast is important, but finding the time to cook healthy options can be a challenge.
But recently, I have been making Instant Pot egg bites and they are my new favorite breakfast option. They’re super easy!
They cook quickly and they are perfect for make-ahead breakfast because they can be stored in the fridge or even frozen and then reheated for a quick bite in the morning.
I’ve been loving Instant Pot egg bites with sausage and spinach, but I also love how easy it is to customize these copycat Starbucks egg bites with my family’s favorite meats, cheeses, and veggies so we all get something we enjoy.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
How To Customize Instant Pot Egg Bites
Instant pot egg bites with spinach and sausage are certainly one of my favorite combinations but this recipe is completely customizable.
All egg bites have three basic ingredients: eggs, cheese and mix-ins. It’s so easy to swap these around and make copycat Starbucks egg bites in any flavor.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Eggs – I like to use whole eggs for color and flavor. If you prefer you can certainly use just egg whites.
- Cheese – Cottage cheese helps to give egg bites a smooth, creamy texture. You can use any soft cheese such as cream cheese, brie, Boursin (yum!!), feta, or goat cheese–or a combination of several. You can also add different types of shredded cheese if you’d like.
- Mix-Ins – Sausage and spinach is one of my favorite combinations but you can mix in any chopped meats or veggies. Try crumbled cooked bacon, diced ham, leftover taco meat, onions, peppers, zucchini, fresh herbs or anything you can imagine.
How to Make Egg Bites in the Instant Pot
It’s really easy to make Instant Pot egg bites with sausage.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cottage Cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Fresh Spinach
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Prepare the egg mixture. First, you’ll use a blender to blend the eggs, cottage cheese, swiss cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Prepare the silicone egg mold. Next, you’ll add a little bit of fresh spinach to each egg mold then divide the egg mixture between them. Finish with a bit of crumbled sausage, then loosely cover the mold with foil.
Prepare the Instant Pot. Then, you’ll pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot then place the silicone mold on the trivet and lower down into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position.
Cook and serve. Last, you’ll Select a cook time of 8 minutes at high pressure. When the cooking time is complete, allow a 10-minute natural release, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure. Lift the mold out of the Instant Pot and remove the foil. Serve egg bites warm.
Notes and Adaptations:
- You can adjust the filling for these egg bites based on your preferences. Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese work well. You can omit the spinach and add in sun-dried tomatoes for a different flavor profile. You can use bacon instead of sausage, etc.
- I love to prepare the “batter” and pour it into the egg mold the night before, then store it in the refrigerator overnight. When I wake up in the morning, I can pop the mold into the Instant Pot for cooking!
- I prefer to only cook one mold at a time. If you want to double the recipe, you can either cook the molds separately, or you can carefully stack them.
- To stack more than one egg mold, cover each mold with foil, then ensure the top mold is rotated so it doesn’t press down into the eggs in the bottom mold. I’d recommend increasing the cook time to 10 minutes for two molds.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and black pepper, as desired
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Pour 1 cup of water into the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
- In the jar of a blender, combine eggs, cottage cheese, swiss cheese, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add a bit of spinach to the bottom of each well in the Instant Pot silicone egg mold.
- Divide the egg mixture among the wells of the mold, then divide sausage crumbles over the egg mixture. Loosely cover the mold with aluminum foil.
- Place the silicone mold on the trivet and lower down into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Select a cook time of 8 minutes at high pressure. When the cook time is complete, allow a 10 minute natural release, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure.
- Once the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid. Lift the mold out of the Instant Pot and remove the foil.
- Serve egg bites warm.
You can adjust the filling for these egg bites based on your preferences. Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese work well. You can omit the spinach and add in sun-dried tomatoes for a different flavor profile. You can use bacon instead of sausage, etc.
I love to prepare everything the night before, then store the egg mold in the refrigerator overnight. When I wake up in the morning, I can pop the mold into the Instant Pot for cooking!
I prefer to only cook one mold at a time. If you want to double the recipe, you can either cook the molds separately, or you can carefully stack them. To stack, cover each mold with foil, then ensure the top mold is rotated so it doesn't press down into the eggs in the bottom mold. I'd recommend increasing the cook time to 10 minutes for two molds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!