Instant Pot lazy lasagna is a made with no pan, so it’s a cheater lasagna that’s super easy to make!
This Instant Pot lazy lasagna is full of tender noodles, savory sauce, chunks of beef, and lots of cheese! You don’t even need a springform pan to make it, and it comes together quickly for a tasty meal.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Lasagna is comfort food at its finest, isn’t it? While it isn’t the most difficult meal to make, it does require a bit of preparation and assembly, so it sometimes feels like a “labor of love.”
Not only that, but it requires at least three dishes–one to brown the beef or sausage and simmer the sauce, one to boil the noodles, and then a baking dish for layering everything together.
I do love making homemade lasagna from time to time, because it is special (and delicious!).
But sometimes, we moms just don’t have time to do all of that work, especially after a busy day.
That’s why the Instant Pot is going to be your best friend on days when you just need to whip up something quick and easy to feed your family!
How to Make Instant Pot Lasagna Without a Pan
Now, you certainly can make a layered lasagna in the Instant Pot, which usually requires a springform pan or other baking pan.
But because we are aiming for simple here, this recipe is for a deconstructed lasagna, sometimes known as “lazy lasagna” or “cheater lasagna!”
The process is actually really simple. You’ll start by browning some ground beef in the insert pot of the Instant Pot. Drain the grease and add the beef back to the insert pot.
Next, add some noodles on top. I used radiatore noodles, because they sort of look like rolled up miniature lasagna noodles. You could also use mafalda pasta (or any other medium pasta shape, such as rotini or penne).
Pour some spaghetti sauce and beef broth over the noodles. Don’t stir them, but do kind of poke any rogue noodles under the liquid so they’re all mostly covered.
Sprinkle some seasonings on top and cook!
Once it’s finished cooking, you’ll add in some ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella for an especially cheesy and delicious meal!
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini with Sausage
- Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Instant Pot Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
Tips for Making Perfect Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
- The order in which you put the ingredients in the pot makes a difference. Keep the beef on the bottom and the pasta on the top.
- If you are using a different shape of pasta, my general rule of thumb for cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is to take the cook time from the box, cut it in half, then subtract one minute. The resulting number is the high pressure cook time in the Instant Pot!
- Allowing a 5-minute natural release helps to ensure that the ingredients don’t spew out of the vent.
- When you first remove the lid, the contents will appear a little soupy. That’s perfectly normal! After you add the cheeses and let it set for a few minutes, it will be just right.
- The ricotta and shredded cheese are added after cooking, because dairy can curdle or get clumpy when cooked under pressure. Adding them at the end ensures that they melt evenly.
Notes and Adaptations for Instant Pot Lasagna Casserole
- I used ground beef, but you could use ground Italian sausage if you prefer (or a mix of the two).
- If you want to add some diced onion, you certainly can–simply add it while browning the meat.
- If you can’t find radiatore or mafalda pasta, you can use a different medium-sized pasta variety, such as penne or rotini.
Instant Pot (I have the DUO60 model) or other electric pressure cooker
- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) radiatore pasta (or mafalda or other medium-sized pasta variety)
- 24-oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add beef (or sausage) to the insert pot of the Instant Pot. Using the Saute setting, brown the beef, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Drain any excess grease from the beef and return to the insert pot.
- Add radiatore noodles on top of the ground beef.
- Pour spaghetti sauce and beef broth over the noodles, using a spoon or spatula to gently combine (don't stir--just tuck any noodles down into the liquid as needed--all noodles should be covered with liquid).
- Sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasonings on top.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, allow a 5 minute natural release, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and stir in the ricotta cheese until melted and combined.
- Stir in 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta and close the lid again. Allow the cheese to melt for a couple of minutes.
- Remove lid and serve!
Did you make it and love it? I appreciate your 5-Star review!
I love to see recipes come to life "in the wild." Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @marginmakingmom and use #marginmakingmom so I can see your creation!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 702 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 104mg Sodium: 1408mg Carbohydrates: 66g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 46g