Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is a creamy, low-carb soup you’ll want to make again and again! It’s full of flavor, and you can load it up with whatever toppings your heart desires!
This creamy Instant Pot cheesy cauliflower soup is a great low-carb alternative to baked potato soup, without sacrificing the flavor or consistency you love. It’s also a great way to sneak in some veggies!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Soups are one of life’s greatest comfort foods. They instantly bring about a cozy, homey feel.
Making soups in the Instant Pot is a no-brainer, because everything cooks so quickly–perfect for those busy days!
Not only that, but soups can be great frugal meals, especially if you are using up leftovers to make the soup!
This cauliflower soup cooked in the Instant Pot is a winner, and one that I feel confident you’ll want to make again and again!
It’s similar to my Instant Pot potato soup, but with fewer carbs. If you’re not a big fan of cauliflower, never fear–you really can’t even taste it!
In fact, the first time I made this soup, my husband said, “I’d never know this has cauliflower in it if you hadn’t told me!”
How Do You Make Cheesy Cauliflower Soup in the Instant Pot?
The process of making this cauliflower soup is SO simple.
You start off by sauteing some onions and garlic in the Instant Pot.
Next, you’ll add some cauliflower florets and some broth, along with salt and pepper.
Cook that for a few minutes, then use an immersion blender to puree it to your desired consistency. I like mine smooth, but you can leave some chunks in if you prefer!
Then, you’ll add in a slurry of flour and water. This helps thicken the soup a little, and it will thicken even more when we add the cheese.
Which brings me to the most glorious part of this soup–the CHEESE! I used two different types of cheese: sharp white cheddar and pepper jack.
If you don’t have sharp white cheddar, you can use sharp yellow cheddar. The pepper jack adds some additional flavor, but it doesn’t make it super spicy (I’m a wimp when it comes to spice, and this wasn’t too spicy at all).
What Toppings Can I Add to Cauliflower Soup?
The sky is the limit when it comes to toppings! I kept things simple and added some shredded Colby Jack cheese and some chives.
Crumbled bacon would be a delightful addition, or you could dollop some sour cream on top.
Wanna kick up the spice? Add some sliced jalapenos! Need some crunch? Sprinkle croutons on top.
So many options, and you can keep it simple or go all out!
Dietary Modifications for Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Vegetarian: If you want vegetarian cauliflower soup, simply use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Gluten-free: If you need a gluten-free version, you can use cornstarch or arrowroot powder instead of the flour (or another gluten-free thickening agent of choice).
- Low-carb: This recipe is low-carb and keto friendly as written.
More Delicious Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup Recipes:
- Instant Pot Broccoli Soup
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Optional: Additional shredded cheese and sliced chives for serving
- In the insert pot of the Instant Pot, add olive oil and diced onions. Using the Saute function, cook the onions for a couple of minutes until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add minced garlic and stir for about thirty seconds, until it becomes fragrant. Turn off the Saute function by pressing Cancel.
- Add chopped cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper.
- Select a cook time of five minutes at high pressure. When the cook time is complete, perform a quick release of pressure.
- After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid and press Cancel to turn off the pressure cooker. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to your desired consistency.
- Create a slurry by whisking together milk and flour. Pour into the hot soup, stirring to combine. Allow this to thicken for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally (if needed, you can use the Saute function to simmer the soup).
- Add the shredded cheese, stirring until melted.
- Serve, topped with additional shredded cheese and chives, if desired.
- I used sharp white cheddar and pepper jack cheese in this soup. If you don't have white cheddar, feel free to substitute yellow cheddar instead.
- Topping Ideas: Extra cheese (I used Colby Jack, but you can use pretty much any variety here!), sour cream, chives, crumbled bacon, sliced jalapenos, croutons or oyster crackers.
- To make this vegetarian, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- To make this gluten-free, use cornstarch or arrowroot powder instead of flour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1376mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!