These bright and cheery lemon pudding crinkle cookies are a cinch to make with a box of pudding mix!
You’ll love the pretty color and flavor of these lemon pudding cookies–perfect for any time of the year!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
You know those days when you want a homemade dessert or sweet treat that feels special but doesn’t require a lot of effort?
That’s exactly what these lemon pudding cookies are for! In fact, my husband has said they’re in his top 3 favorite cookies that I make.
I’m a sucker for lemon dessert recipes, and these cookies are no exception.
In our household, we enjoy lemon treats at all times of year, but I think they’re especially perfect for spring and summer.
The zippy lemon flavor and pretty yellow color just brings its own cheer!
Whether it’s lemon poppyseed bread, lemon ice cream, lemon bundt cake, pistachio lemon bars, lemon pistachio cookies, lemon cobbler, Instant Pot lemon cheesecake, or these easy lemon pudding cookies, you simply can’t go wrong!
The Easy Way to Make Lemon Cookies
The great thing about using lemon pudding mix in any dessert recipe is that it adds both color, sweetness, and flavor. Triple whammy. I use a similar shortcut when I make my strawberry Jello cookies and my lime Jello cookies!
These crinkle cookies use ordinary staple ingredients you most likely already have on hand, so the only thing you probably need to grab from the store is the lemon pudding mix itself.
You’ll simply mix up the cookie batter and roll it in powdered sugar, which is what gives that pretty crinkle that looks like snow!
Enjoy these sweet and tangy cookies–they’re like enjoying lemonade in cookie form and I know they won’t last long!
How to Make Lemon Pudding Cookies
It’s really easy to make these crinkle cookies with a box of lemon pudding!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Lemon Crinkle Cookies:
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Lemon Pudding Mix
- Lemon Extract
- Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make the Recipe:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Cream butter and sugar. First, you’ll use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar.
Then you’ll add the egg and sour cream and mix that until it’s combined.
Make it lemon. Next you’ll add the milk, lemon pudding mix, and lemon extract. If you want a brighter yellow color, you can add in some yellow food coloring now, but I chose not to.
Add dry ingredients. Last, you’ll gradually add in the flour, salt, and baking soda, mixing just until combined.
Roll and bake. Scoop batter out by tablespoon and roll into a ball, then roll into the powdered sugar to coat it well.
Bake them and let them cool, and you’ll have a lovely crinkle cookie–perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, baby showers, bridal showers, tea parties, or just a regular old Tuesday!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP milk
- 3.4-oz box of lemon pudding mix
- 1 TBSP lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and sour cream, mixing until combined.
- Add milk, pudding mix, and lemon extract, mixing to combine well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Roll dough out by rounded tablespoon, forming a ball in your hands. Roll the ball in powdered sugar and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until just starting to turn golden-brown but still soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.