Lemon pie filling and a simple homemade cake batter magically combine to make a tasty and incredibly easy lemon cobbler recipe.
You are going to love this easy-prep magic lemon cobbler dump cake recipe.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Fall is all about pumpkin, and peppermint takes the stage at Christmas. Lemon desserts are a must in spring. They are bright and tart and wake up your mouth.
And easy lemon pie filling desserts are the perfect companion to budding trees and blooming flowers!
This lemon cobbler is a springtime version of one of my favorite fall desserts, pumpkin cobbler. The concept is similar, but instead of earthy pumpkin we’re using sunny lemon.
Lemon cobbler is a simple recipe that only takes a few minutes to prepare. Lemon pie filling is the secret shortcut to this tasty homemade cobbler that will have everyone who tries it begging for the recipe.
More Lemon Desserts You’ll Love:
- Lemon Pudding Crinkle Cookies
- No-churn Lemon Ice Cream
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Lemon Pistachio Bars
- Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake
- Violet Lemonade Recipe
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake from a Mix
- Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies
- Lemon Syrup Cake
- Old-Fashioned Lemon Sour Cream Cake
How to Make Magic Lemon Cobbler
Something magical happens when you make lemon cobbler dump cake.
Melt butter in a pie dish and layer it with a simple batter and lemon pie filling but DON’T stir! I promise that you don’t need to.
As this simple dessert bakes, something magical happens. When it comes out of the oven, you will dig your spoon through a slightly crunchy and sweet cake layer and into a luscious lemon custard layer.
You will love every bite and this will be your go-to recipe for every spring event.
How to Make Lemon Cobbler Dump Cake
It’s really easy to make this dump and bake lemon pie filling dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Self-rising flour
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon extract
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon pie filling
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Prepare the Pie Dish. First, you’ll preheat the oven to 350F. Put the cut-up butter into a deep-dish pie pan and place it in the oven to melt the butter.
Make the Batter. While the butter is melting, go ahead and mix up the batter, whisking until smooth.
Once the butter is melted, pour the batter over the melted butter. The batter will sink to the bottom. DO NOT STIR!
Add the Pie Filling. Then, you’ll spoon the pie filling over the batter. Again, DO NOT STIR!
Bake and Serve. Last, you’ll sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Do NOT stir after you add the batter or the pie filling. Everything will magically combine as the magic lemon cobbler bakes.
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 21-oz can lemon pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add butter pieces to a deep dish pie pan and place in the oven to melt.
- To make the batter, whisk together flour, 1 cup of the sugar, milk, and the lemon and vanilla extracts until smooth.
- Remove the pie pan from the oven and pour the batter over the melted butter. Do Not Stir!
- Next, spoon the lemon pie filling on top of the batter. Do Not Stir!
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!