Making lemon bundt cake with cake mix takes the indimidation out of baking and gives you the tastiest, easiest lemon cake ever.
Decadent lemon cake from mix is soft, super moist and has an incredible lemon flavor that you will love.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
If I’m offered cake, I’m not going to turn it down. I’ll probably go for two slices if I’m offered lemon cake.
Since I was a little girl, I have been a fan of lemon cake. It’s the cake I always requested for my birthday and the one I start thinking about as the first signs of spring start to appear. It’s bright and lemony and tastes like sunshine.
Lemon is a great fruit to bake with, because it adds such a zippy flavor.
Just like my Instant Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, this cake is made with a doctored-up box cake mix. Add in some instant pudding and sour cream and you have a cake that is not only easy to make but boasts incredible flavor and texture.
Making cake doesn’t have to be difficult, and there is no shame in using boxed mixes to ensure that you get perfect results every time you bake lemon cake mix recipes. It’s one of my favorite baking secrets.
More Lemon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Lemon Cobbler
- Lemon Syrup Cake
- Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemon Pistachio Cookies
- Lemon Pudding Crinkle Cookies
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Cookies
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Southern Sun Drop Cake
The Secret to Moist Lemon Sour Cream Cake
Lemon cake with lemon pudding mix is incredibly moist and tender. It’s hard to understand until you try a bite of this cake for yourself.
The box cake mix and the instant pudding make this recipe super easy to throw together, but the real secret is the sour cream. Learning to use sour cream in baking has been a complete game-changer for me, and I often use this secret.
Sour cream adds moisture, richness and acidity and, when paired with the lemon cake mix and the lemon pudding mix, takes your cake to a whole new level. I promise that lemon cake from mix will be dreamy and decadent.
How to Make Lemon Bundt Cake with Cake Mix
It’s really easy to make lemon cake from a mix.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
For the Cake:
- Lemon Cake Mix
- Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Sour cream
For the Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Prepare the batter. First, you’ll combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, vegetable oil, sour cream, and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase the speed and mix for 2 more minutes.
Bake the bundt cake. Next, you’ll pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes, then loosen with a knife and invert onto a serving platter.
Glaze and serve. Last, you’ll prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Pour or brush over the cake and allow it to cool and harden.
Notes and Adaptations:
- I love the addition of the glaze, but you can also just dust with powdered sugar if you prefer.
- For the Cake:
- 15.25-oz lemon cake mix
- 3.4-oz package of instant lemon pudding mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachemnt, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, vegetable oil, sour cream, and eggs.
- Mix on low speed for about 30 seconds, then increase to medium-high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then use a knife to loosen from the sides of the pan. Invert onto a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour or brush glaze onto the warm cake, allowing it to settle into any crevices. The glaze will harden as it cools.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!