Lemon pistachio dessert bars are both sweet and tart with a bit of crunch!
Pistachio lemon bars are sweet and lemony and perfect for picnics or parties. They are tasty and sturdy with a mouth-puckering lemon flavor.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Lemon and pistachio are the perfect flavors to celebrate spring, but they taste great all year round.
These sweet and tart Pistachio Lemon Bars have a tender and zippy filling, a cookie-like crust and the crunch of pistachios throughout.
If you’re looking for something decadent but not overly sweet, you will want to add these lemon and pistachio nut bars to your dessert rotation.
Add a little sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top for a dessert bar that is perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, a church picnic, or just to snack on at home.
The only excuse you need to make these is that they taste good!
Making Easy Lemon Bars with Pistachios
Almost a cross between a cookie and a pie, these dessert bars are creamy in the middle and sturdy on the bottom.
They can be easily cut and stacked on a plate. They are so sturdy you can eat them with your hands–fork and plate are totally optional!
If you love lemon and pistachio, try these desserts:
- Best Pistachio Desserts
- Pistachio Ooey Gooey Bars
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Pistachio Bread
- Iced Lemon Pistachio Cookies
- Easy Lemon Cobbler
- Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake
Lemon Pistachio Bars For The Win
If you wonder when you can serve these yummy lemon bars, wonder no more because you can serve these dessert bars with ANYTHING!
Baby shower? Yes!
Afternoon tea? They are perfect with a cuppa Earl Gray.
Church picnic? Pile them on a tray and watch them disappear.
A nice dinner? Pair with a sweet dessert wine and enjoy.
How to Make Pistachio Lemon Bars
It’s really easy to make this simple crust and lemony filling.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Shelled pistachios
- Powdered sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Make the Crust. First, you’ll process 1/3 cup of pistachios in a food processor until it is the consistency of graham cracker crumbs.
Add in the flour, powdered sugar and salt and process to combine.
Next, add in the cold butter and process until a crumbly dough forms. Press that into a parchment-lined dish.
Prebake the Crust. Next, you’ll bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Prepare the Filling. Then, you’ll make the filling by whisking together sugar and eggs. Mix in the flour, lemon zest and juice and then stir in the pistachios.
Fill and Bake the Bars. Last, you’ll pour the filling over the hot crust and return it to the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until set.
Cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to try changing up the citrus flavor with oranges or Meyer lemons. I haven’t tried it, but I bet grapefruit would be delicious, too!
- For the Crust:
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, cold, cut into cubes
- For the Filling:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the crust by adding pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine, similar to the consistency of graham cracker crumbs.
- Add flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Process to combine.
- Add butter and process until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press this mixture into the prepared pan, flattening to form a crust. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhipe, prepare filling by whisking together sugar and eggs.
- Add flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice, whisking to combine. Stir in the pistachios.
- When the crust has finished baking, pour the filling over the hot crust and return to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until set and no longer jiggly.
- Cool completely before lifting from pan and slicing into bars.
Inspired by The New York Times Cooking
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!