Bright and colorful Strawberry Jello Cookies are simple, satisfying and bursting with strawberry flavor.
These strawberry Jello sugar cookies are perfect for making with kids and can be customized with your favorite jello flavor.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Learning how to bake is often something that’s done in bits and pieces.
Mom teaches you how to crack an egg. Grandma asks you to stir ingredients in a bowl.
And before long, a plate of cookies seems to appear before your eyes.
Cookie recipes are the perfect place to begin when learning how to bake, and it’s how I started out as well.
Everyone needs a good cookie recipe in their pocket. There is something so classic and comforting about sugar cookies, but these easy Jello cookies take it to a whole new level.
Easy Jello Cookies Recipe
I have to say, these strawberry Jello cookies are so bright and colorful–they add instant cheer to a plate.
Seeing the ingredients turn a beautiful shade of pink when the Jello is added is something kids (and adults) will love.
Biting into the strawberry jello cookie and getting that burst of sweet strawberry flavor is positively magical.
But you don’t need to have kids to enjoy this Jello cookie recipe.
These are great to take to a potluck or an office party, and the fun color makes these perfect for Valentine’s Day, Easter, baby showers, Mother’s Day, and more! Or, make my lime Jello sugar cookies for St. Patrick’s Day, Earth Day, or Christmas.
This recipe is practically foolproof, it’s fun to make, and the result is a plate full of colorful and sweet Strawberry Jello Sugar Cookies. Who could say no to that?
Looking for more easy cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Soft and Chewy Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Lemon Pudding Crinkle Cookies
- Easy Soft-Baked Pancake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Bisquick Sugar Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Brownie Mix Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies
Making Cutout Cookies with Jello Cookie Recipe
It is so simple to make this cookie dough, roll it into balls and bake. You could be munching on a yummy strawberry cookie in about 30 minutes.
Sugar cookie dough is also great for making shaped cookies with cookie cutters. It takes a little longer, but if you are patient, the results are so fun.
To make cutout cookies prepare the cookie dough as instructed. Instead of rolling into balls and baking, form the dough into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Pop the dough into the fridge for about 2 hours.
To make cutout shapes, roll the chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface or between two sheets of parchment, and use cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes. Bake and frost the cookies as usual–just keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
How to Make Sugar Cookies with Jello
It’s really easy to make colorful and flavorful cookies with a box of jello!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Strawberry Jello
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Make the Cookie Dough. First, you’ll combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set it aside. Cream the butter and sugar and then mix in the jello. Add the eggs one at a time, then gradually add the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
Bake the Cookies. Next, you’ll scoop and roll the dough into balls and then roll in sugar.
Place on a lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.
Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until edges are set but centers still glisten a tad. Cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting. Last, you’ll prepare the frosting by mixing butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in the milk and the 1 TBSP of jello mix. Spread over the cooled cookies and serve.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Don’t forget to reserve 1 TBSP of the powdered Jello mix for use when making the frosting!
- You can easily swap out the strawberry jello mix for your favorite flavor.
- For the Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3-oz box of strawberry Jello (Set aside 1 TBSP of powder for making frosting, if using)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For Rolling the Cookies:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP strawberry Jello powder (reserved from box)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add strawberry Jello powder and mix to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the stand mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough into balls. Roll each ball in a shallow dish filled with 1/4 cup sugar, turning to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Use a glass to gently press on each cookie to flatten the top slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are set but centers still glisten just a bit.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by mixing together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Gradually add in milk, mixing until smooth. Mix in reserved 1 TBSP of strawberry Jello powder, beating until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies.
Recipe Inspired by Family Cookie Recipes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!