Making Lime Jello Cookies is as easy as 1-2-3, and they have such a fun and bright citrus flavor!
These lime Jello sugar cookies have a sweet, tart flavor and a lovely color, making them a super easy lime Jello dessert.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We’re BIG fans of cookies made with Jello. They are easy to make and super tasty, and the recipe comes out perfect every single time.
I was recently picking up some strawberry Jello to make a batch of Strawberry Jello Sugar Cookies and decided to pick up some lime Jello as well.
I’ll even let you in on a little secret. It’s the exact same jello cookie recipe; I just swapped strawberry Jello for lime Jello! Talk about easy peasy!
What’s more, these colorful jello cookies are effortless to make. Just mix, roll, bake and top with an optional cream cheese frosting. You’ll be munching on sweet and tangy Lime Jello Cookies in no time!
More Shortcut Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
How To Make Colorful Jello Cookies
One of my favorite things about these cookies is how colorful they are. The secret to making them so colorful is the jello.
I use jello in both the cookie dough and the cream cheese frosting. It’s important to remember to set aside 1 TBSP of the Lime Jello mix to add to the frosting.
You can add a couple of drops of food coloring if you want a more vibrant color, but I find the Jello gives plenty of color on its own.
If you want to make a rainbow of colorful jello cookies, make several batches of cookies using different flavors of Jello. It will surely delight your friends and family and makes a beautiful presentation.
How to Make Lime Jello Cookies
It’s really easy to make these jello cookies!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Lime Jello
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Mix the Wet Ingredients. First, you’ll cream the butter and sugar and mix in the jello.
Make the Dough. Next, you’ll add the dry ingredients and mix to make a soft dough.
Roll and Bake. Next, you’ll roll the dough into small balls and roll into granulated sugar. Place on a baking sheet and flatten slightly with a glass before baking.
Frost and Serve. Last, you’ll make the cream cheese frosting and smear it on top of the cooled Lime Jello Cookies before serving.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Don’t forget to reserve 1 TBSP of the powdered Jello mix for use when making the frosting!
- You can easily swap out the Lime jello mix for your favorite flavor.
- To make cutout cookies refrigerate the dough for 2 hours then roll and cut out your favorite shapes before baking as directed.
- For the Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3-oz box of lime Jello (Set aside 1 TBSP of powder for making frosting, if using)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For Rolling the Cookies:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP lime Jello powder (reserved from box)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add lime Jello powder and mix to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the stand mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough into balls. Roll each ball in a shallow dish filled with 1/4 cup sugar, turning to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Use a glass to gently press on each cookie to flatten the top slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are set but centers still glisten just a bit.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by mixing together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Gradually add in milk, mixing until smooth. Mix in reserved 1 TBSP of lime Jello powder, beating until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!