This Easy Lasagna Ravioli recipe is made in your Instant Pot with just a few ingredients, so it’s the perfect weeknight meal.
This Instant Pot frozen ravioli and sauce recipe has all the flavors you love about Lasagna with none of the hard work and time usually required to make this classic Italian dish.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Lasagna is one of my favorite baked pasta dishes. Tender noodles layered with meat, creamy ricotta cheese and topped with a crispy layer of mozzarella. YUM!
It’s so good, but lasagna is a lot of work with a lot of steps, and most of the time, I don’t have the time or the energy to devote to making a classic pan of lasagna.
Instant Pot ravioli lasagna is a wonderful shortcut that allows us to enjoy the flavors we love about lasagne more frequently.
This delicious dish is the answer to a busy cook’s prayer. It cooks fast, the steps are simple and the flavor is just as you think it should taste.
In the past, I only made lasagna when we were expecting company and needed something that would feed a crowd. This easy ravioli lasagna recipe is so easy and flavorful you’ll want to make it at least once a month like I do.
More Instant Pot Pasta Dishes
- Instant Pot Pepperoni Pizza Tortellini
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Instant Pot Tortellini Alfredo
How To Customize Pressure Cooker Lasagna Made With Frozen Ravioli
Cooking in the pressure cooker and using frozen ravioli is the key to making this recipe simple enough to make from start to finish in just a few minutes.
Here are a few tips for customizing this dish so you can make it something special even if it takes almost no work to prepare.
- Use Your Favorite Frozen Ravioli – I often use cheese ravioli, but frozen ravioli is available in a variety of flavors. Just choose what you love or try something new.
- Swap The Meat – When I make this Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna, I switch between ground beef and Italian sausage to change up the flavor a bit.
- Add More Veggies – Dice some onions and peppers and brown them along with the meat. You can also stir in some spinach when you stir in the ricotta cheese.
- Skip The Meat – Easily make this a meatless meal and skip the beef or sausage.
How to Make Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna with Ravioli
It’s really easy to make this dish that tastes just like classic lasagna.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- Beef broth
- Frozen cheese ravioli
- Spaghetti sauce
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Ricotta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Cook the beef. First, you’ll brown the beef in the bottom of the Instant Pot using the sauté function. Drain any excess grease, then add the beef broth scraping up any browned bits on the bottom.
Layer the Ingredients and Cook. Next, you’ll add the frozen ravioli on top of the cooked beef. Do not stir. Pour on the sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and basil, and again, do not mix. Close and seal the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 1 minute, followed by a 5-minute natural release.
Add the ricotta. Open the instant pot and gently stir the ricotta into the sauce mixing everything well.
Add mozzarella and serve. Last, you’ll mix some mozzarella cheese in and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over the top to melt.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Close the lid and allow the steam to gently melt the cheese on top. You can also use an air fryer lid (like the Mealthy CrispLid) to gently brown the top layer of cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 18-25 oz frozen cheese ravioli
- 24-oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add ground beef to the insert pot of the Instant Pot. Using the Saute function, cook the beef until browned, breaking it apart as it cooks. Once cooked through, drain any excess grease and return beef to the pot.
- Add beef broth to the insert pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- On top of the beef, add the frozen ravioli. Don't mix.
- Layer spaghetti sauce on top of the ravioli. Don't mix. Sprinkle the garlic powder, oregano, and basil on top of the sauce.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 1 minute at high pressure.
- Once the cook time is complete, allow a 5 minute natural release, followed by a quick release of any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid.
- Gently stir ricotta cheese into the ravioli, allowing it to melt into the sauce.
- Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the ravioli, stirring gently while the cheese melts.
- If desired, sprinkle additional 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of the ravioli and close the lid, allowing the steam to melt the cheese. Alternatively, you can use an Instant Pot air fryer lid (I have a Mealthy CrispLid) to brown the top layer of cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4223Total Fat: 169gSaturated Fat: 95gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 58gCholesterol: 599mgSodium: 6620mgCarbohydrates: 434gFiber: 26gSugar: 19gProtein: 231g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!