No churn cookies and cream ice cream is an amazingly simple dessert that only requires three ingredients!
This easy no-churn cookies and cream ice cream is a cinch to make at home! No ice cream maker? No problem!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I used to be intimidated by homemade ice cream. It’s one of those things that most people feel like is probably difficult to make.
I actually think I got this notion from high school science. While I never made ice cream in any of my science classes, I knew some of the other classes did. But they used a ridiculously large hand-churning contraption that required rock salt, and it just seemed, well, complicated.
Later in life, I discovered that there are ice cream makers that do the churning for you, and that you didn’t need any rock salt. In fact, they’re pretty awesome.
When I graduated from nursing school years ago, I received a gift card that I used to purchase my KitchenAid ice cream maker. I use it every single summer.
We make various sorbets and ice creams and it’s just a delightful process. While I’m not normally a fan of one-trick pony kitchen appliances, I am definitely a fan of my ice cream maker.
But did you know that there are some ice creams that don’t even require churning in an ice cream machine?
Yes, my friend, it’s true. And this no churn cookies and cream version is one of them.
How to Make No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
The ingredient list is incredibly simple, as there are only three. And they’re all easy-to-find ingredients that you may already have on hand!
The base of this recipe is just a sweet cream ice cream. You simply whip some cream, fold in some sweetened condensed milk, and freeze. And voila–sweet cream ice cream!
You can leave it at that if you’d like, and sometimes I do! But if you stick with the plain sweet cream, I’d recommend adding in a bit of vanilla extract. However, if you’re going a step further for cookies and cream, then the vanilla extract really isn’t necessary.
I love to store homemade ice cream in this amazing freezer-safe container! It’s insulated (perfect for taking ice cream to a potluck or BBQ), and it’s the ideal size for easily scooping out the ice cream.
Tips for Making No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream:
- It’s important to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. If the cream isn’t whipped enough, it will deflate when you fold in the sweetened condensed milk. So be sure to whip it (whip it good), then gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk until it’s combined well.
- You can chop or crush the Oreos to your desired size. I usually roughly chop each Oreo into about 6 pieces, but if you prefer larger chunks or just want mostly crumbs mixed in, feel free to do as you please. Initially after freezing, larger pieces of Oreos may still have some crunch to them, but they do soften over time. I prefer them to be a little bit softer.
Additional Variations and Mix-In Ideas for No Churn Ice Cream:
Before freezing the cream and condensed milk mixture, you can add in just about any mix-in you can think of. In this case, we’re adding chopped Oreos for the cookies and cream theme. But the sky is the limit!
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Other varieties of cookies, chopped
- Caramel or fudge swirls
- Bits of Cookie Dough
- Chopped fruit
- Bits of brownies
- Chocolate chips or chunks
More Frozen Treats You’ll Love:
- Simple and Refreshing Pineapple Sorbet
- Delightful Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
- No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- No-Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
- Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Recommended Equipment for No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped Oreo cookies (or other mix-in of choice)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or in a medium mixing bowl if using a hand mixer), add whipping cream. At high speed, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk until it is fully combined and no yellow streaks remain.
- Gently fold in chopped Oreos (or other mix-in).
- Transfer mixture to a quart-sized freezer-safe container. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 2gSugar: 61gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.