This simple caramel fudge recipe is made with dulce de leche and white chocolate, for a tasty holiday treat!
Find out just how easy it is to make homemade careml fudge, topped with salt or pecans!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
No holiday season is complete without some tasty fudge, in my opinion.
While chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge are common favorites, it can be fun to incorporate different varieties into the mix.
That’s how this dulce de leche caramel fudge came to be! It can be dressed up with sea salt on top for a salted caramel fudge, or topped with pecans for some crunch.
Either way, it’s delicious!
Caramel Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
Many caramel fudge recipes use a can of sweetened condensed milk, which you can caramelize.
In this recipe, I’m skipping that step and instead using a can of dulce de leche, which has already been caramelized!
I love using canned dulce de leche to keep things simple–I also use it in my caramel cream pie recipe!
When mixed with melted white chocolate, this transforms into a dreamy caramel fudge. You can mix it thoroughly to have a uniform golden hue, or you can leave a bit of a swirl in there if you prefer.
Plus, I use the microwave to keep things simple. You could also use a double broiler if you’d like.
Tips for Giving Fudge as a Homemade Gift
Fudge makes a delicious homemade gift! Gifts like these can be a great way to keep your holiday budget low, while also allowing the recipient to feel special, since you took the time to make something for them!
This could be ideal for your kids’ teachers, your coworkers, neighbors, etc.
You can gift this fudge alongside something else if you want, like a book or candle, or you can simply attach a card to express holiday greetings.
If you’re sending this gift to school with your kids, be sure to leave out the pecans if your school or classroom is a nut-free zone!
More Holiday Gift Ideas:
- Affordable Gift Ideas for Moms
- 14 Gift Ideas for the Nurse in Your Life
- 21 Fun Non-Toy Gift Ideas for Kids
- 13 Simple Toy Ideas for Kids
How to Make Caramel Fudge with Dulce de Leche
It’s really easy to make this simple recipe–all you need is a handful of ingredients.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- White chocolate chips
- Dulce de Leche (I use the Nestle La Lechera brand, which can be generally found in the baking aisle)
- Chopped pecans or sea salt, if desired
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Start melting chocolate chips. First, you’ll start by melting white chocolate chips with butter, using intervals in the microwave.
Add dulce de leche. Next, you’ll stir in the dulce de leche. You’ll need to microwave it for a few more intervals, until everything is melted together and smooth.
Pour and cool. Last, you’ll pour the mixture into a prepared pan. If desired, press some chopped pecans into the top or sprinkle with sea salt flakes (or both!). Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours before removing from the pan and cutting.
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 14-oz can dulce de leche (I use the Nestle Le Lechera brand)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- optional: fleur de sel sea salt flakes
- Prepare an 8x8" pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave for 15 seconds, then stir again.
- Add in the dulce de leche, stirring to combine. Microwave for 20 seconds, stirring to combine. Continue microwaving in 20 second intervals, if needed, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is melted and combined with the dulce de leche (you can stir to fully combine or stir just enough to create a swirl pattern).
- Pour into prepared pan, lightly pressing chopped pecans into the top surface. If desired, sprinkle sea salt flakes lightly over the fudge. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before lifting from pan and cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!