Making Italian Vegetable Beef Soup in the Instant Pot is a great way to get a quick but delicious meal on the table in no time!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
This is my least favorite time of the year weather-wise. Even though I live in the South, it still gets cold here (well, cold for me!). High temperatures here in Nashville this week are only in the 20s, and while some of you northerners will scoff at that, I am officially frozen.
Really, though, how do people in colder climates even survive? I spend my days cocooned in my warm home, wearing multiple layers of coziness and wool socks, yet never feel like I really get warm enough.
I think cold weather is kind of fun around Christmas time, you know, for all things festive and what-not, but after that, what’s the point? Winter can be over after Christmas, as far as I’m concerned.
But I’m not in charge of the weather, so I just make lots of soup this time of year. 🙂
Making Italian Vegetable Beef Soup in the Instant Pot
This soup in particular is a favorite of mine, and really, it’s perfect for any time of year. I’ve been making a slow cooker version of it ever since I found the original recipe from New Leaf Wellness years ago. I decided to adapt it for my Instant Pot in order to make it even faster to prepare, and the result is just as delicious but only requires a fraction of the time.
One of my favorite things about making soup in the Instant Pot is that it tastes like it’s simmered for hours even though it hasn’t!
This Italian vegetable beef soup is pretty versatile–I use green beans and carrots and cannellini beans, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
I use frozen green beans and slice my carrots while the ground beef is browning. You can use frozen sliced carrots to save a few minutes if you want.
Not only that, but the recipe uses jarred spaghetti sauce, which makes it super quick to throw together!
The resulting hearty tomato-based soup is chock full of beef, veggies, and beans, and it’s a cinch to make. Bonus: It’s a pretty healthy and frugal meal option!
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and serve it alongside a salad and some crusty bread. It’s also a great accompaniment for a grilled cheese sandwich!
However you serve it, this hearty Italian vegetable beef soup is sure to warm your day!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 lb of carrots, sliced
- 1 bag of frozen green beans
- 1 15-oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 24-oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 qt (4 cups) of chicken broth
- Add ground beef and onion to the insert pot of an Instant Pot. Use the Saute function to cook the beef and onions, breaking the beef apart with a spoon or spatula, until beef is browned.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. If necessary, drain excess grease.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Press the Cancel/Keep Warm button to turn off the Saute function. Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Use the Manual/Pressure Cook button and select a 3 minute cook time.
- When the cook time is complete, you can perform a quick pressure release or allow a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure has released and valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid and serve.
Adapted from New Leaf Wellness
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1058mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 30g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!