Instant Pot pasta e fagioli is a hearty, comforting Olive Garden copycat recipe that’s quick and easy to make!
Making this Instant Pot pasta e fagioli combines beef or sausage, beans, and pasta in a flavorful tomato broth, creating a hearty soup your family will love.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
You know the kind of days…when Play-Doh crumbles litter the kitchen floor, when none of the littles took their naps (and they’re just SO delightful when they’re tired, right?), when somebody falls and busts their lip, and when unexpected hurdles keep coming your way.
Those are the days when dinner needs to be something quick and easy.
And around here, those days are pretty common. We would never eat if it weren’t for quick and easy meals.
The best Instant Pot soup recipes are ones that are quick and easy to make, inexpensive, and hearty meals that make use of staple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I’ve shared before about my love for Olive Garden soups (one of the reasons why I love this Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana), and this Instant Pot pasta e fagioli recipe is another perfect example.
In fact, I have a whole list of Instant Pot Olive Garden copycat recipes, and this one definitely made the cut.
Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Pasta e Fagioli literally means “pasta and beans,” and it’s a traditional Italian dish that has humble beginnings as a simple peasant food.
Over the years, it has gained popularity in Olive Garden restaurants, which is how I originally learned of this soup.
In this simple recipe, pasta e fagioli is a delicious combination of beef, beans, and pasta in a tomato broth, brought to perfection with classic Italian flavors.
For years and years, I’ve made this soup on the stove top. But recently, in an effort to get dinner on the table a little bit faster, I tried making this pasta e fagioli in the Instant Pot.
The result was just as tasty, but in less time!
How to Make Pasta e Fagioli in the Pressure Cooker
It’s super easy to whip up a batch of this hearty soup!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- Great Northern beans
- Kidney beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Spaghetti sauce
- Beef broth
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Ditalini pasta
How to Make Pasta e Fagioli Soup in the Instant Pot
Saute. First, you’ll cook the onions and beef in the Instant Pot, using the Saute function.
Add remaining ingredients. Next, you’ll add the veggies and two kinds of beans.
Add in the tomatoes, broth, sauce, seasonings, and pasta, stirring to combine.
Pressure cook. You’ll cook at high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural release of pressure, then a quick release. Stir and serve!
How to Reheat Pasta e Fagioli
Leftover pasta e fagioli soup will be thicker because the pasta will continue to absorb liquid. Before reheating, add a bit of water to thin it out.
I have detailed instructions for how to reheat soup in the Instant Pot, but you can easily reheat the entire pot of soup using the Saute button or the Keep Warm button.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Tortellini and Sausage Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Healthy Zuppa Toscana
Notes and Adaptations for Cooking Pasta e Fagioli in the Instant Pot
- One of the tricks to cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is to not cook it too long, or else it will become mushy. Stick to the 3 minute cook time if using ditalini pasta as the recipe indicates.
- Feel free to substitute Italian sausage for the ground beef, if desired.
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 15-oz can northern beans, drained
- 15-oz can kidney beans, drained
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 quart (4 c) beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- In the insert pot of an Instant Pot, add ground beef and onion. Use the Saute function, browning the beef and cooking the onions until they begin to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine (I use a 6-qt pot, but if you use a smaller pressure cooker, you may need to adjust contents to avoid over-filling).
- Secure lid onto the Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position. Press "Cancel" to turn off the Saute function, then use the Manual or Pressure Cook function to select a cook time of 3 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, allow a 10-minute natural release of pressure, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure. Once the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove lid and stir contents.
- Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use Italian sausage instead of ground beef, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 24g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!