The best of both worlds collide in this easy banana pear bread recipe!
This moist and tender loaf of banana pear bread has hints of these two classic fruits, making for a delicious breakfast or snack!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Quickbreads are a snack time staple in our family. They’re easy to make, can be a great way to use up old produce, and taste so good!
Plus, they can double as breakfast (or dessert!), which is always a win in my book. 🙂
The reality is, I love all forms of banana bread, and the best banana breads are the ones that are easy to make and disappear fast, like pistachio banana bread, strawberry banana bread, pumpkin banana muffins, Instant Pot banana bread, and chocolate banana bread.
If you love banana bread, you’re going to love this banana pear bread!
What Kind of Pears to Use in Banana Pear Bread
You can make this easy banana pear bread with fresh pears OR canned pears. I’ve used both over the years, and both work just fine.
Sometimes you can find overripe pears in the discount bin at your grocery store–those work great, too.
If you don’t have fresh pears handy, just use canned! The recipe calls for one can of peaches, or for fresh, you’ll want about 1 cup of fresh diced pears.
How to Make Banana Pear Bread
It’s really easy to make this simple quickbread!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Sour Cream
- Mashed bananas
- Diced pears
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Cream butter and sugar. First, you’ll use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well until combined.
Add more wet ingredients. Next, you’ll add in the sour cream, bananas, pears, and vanilla extract, mixing well to combine (baking with sour cream gives your finished product a softer, richer texture–I also use it in my Amish cinnamon bread!).
Add dry ingredients. Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined.
Bake. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (because nobody wants underbaked bread!). Cool before slicing.
Notes and Adaptations:
- This banana pear bread can be frozen if desired. Simply cool completely and double wrap with plastic wrap before freezing.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (approx. 1 large or 2 small bananas)
- 15-oz can sliced pears in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x4" loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well until combined.
- Mix in sour cream, bananas, pears, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing. Enjoy!
- If you prefer to use fresh pears, you'll want about 3/4-1 cup of peeled and diced very ripe pears.
- This bread can be frozen--simply cool completely and wrap well with plastic wrap before freezing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!