You’ll love this chocolate peanut butter banana bread, with its rich chocolatey taste and delicate banana flavor!
A delightful twist on traditional banana bread, this chocolate peanut butter banana bread is the cure for your sweet tooth! Moist and delicious, this bread is dotted with chocolate chips and makes the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
There they sit, staring me down from their perch on the counter.
Why is it that some weeks, we plow through bananas like nobody’s business, but other weeks, they sit on the counter as a last resort?
This is one of the mysteries of life. We either eat the entire bunch in 1.2 days or they sit, forgotten, until they aren’t anything anybody would eat anyway.
I can’t bear to throw them away, but they’re past their prime.
Coupled with the fact that my kids can scarf down snacks like nobody’s business, I knew I needed to put the freckly fruit to use.
And when you have a sweet tooth as powerful as mine, I knew I wouldn’t be just throwing these overripe bananas in smoothies or something like that. Nope.
I have loved baking ever since I was a kid, and it’s something I enjoy involving my own kids in now. And sometimes I like to whip up a little treat for them as a fun surprise. 🙂
And that, my friend, is how this chocolate peanut butter banana bread was born.
More Delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats You’ll Love:
- Healthier Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Bundt Cake
It is a delightful bread that can be served as a tasty breakfast or simple snack. It can also be dressed up with some ice cream and hot fudge sauce, or topped with berries and cream. To die for.
There’s no added oil or butter in this bread, but you’ll never miss them, thanks to the bananas and peanut butter that help to keep it soft and moist. Chocolate chips dot the center of the bread, adding just the right amount of extra sweetness.
This chocolate peanut butter banana bread doesn’t last long around here, and it’s not hard to see why! If you’re a fan of these classic flavors, you’ll LOVE this bread!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
In a mixing bowl, you’ll start by whisking together a few dry ingredients.
Then, in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a regular mixing bowl with a hand mixer), cream together the peanut butter and the sugars. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and make sure everything is mixed well.
Then you’ll alternate adding mashed bananas and the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
Add the batter to a prepared loaf pan and pop it in the oven. Once a toothpick comes out of the center clean, it’s ready to come out of the oven.
Let it cool a bit before slicing and serving. Then, enjoy this yummy snack that keeps your fruit from going to waste! 🙂
More Delicious Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
- The Most Delicious Banana Bread
- Easy Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Grandma Wilhelm’s Pumpkin Bread
- Pistachio Bread
- Healthier Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a bread pan (I used a 9x5" pan).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream peanut butter and both sugars together. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding mashed bananas and dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 5gSugar: 33gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.