You’ll love how easy it is to whip up a batch of these gluten-free peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips!
These gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make! Soft baked peanut butter cookies dotted with chocolate chips are a favorite!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I have a serious sweet tooth. One with no regard for my schedule, pantry contents, or waistline.
When it rears its head, I have no choice but to subdue it by making and indulging in some deliciously sweet treat.
Sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do to tame the beast.
When my sweet tooth erupted in full force the other day, I grabbed the kids and headed to the kitchen to make cookies.
I try to include my kiddos in cooking and baking as much as possible. They enjoy helping to measure, scoop, mix, and get messy.
I enjoy the quality time and the opportunity to teach them, little by little, the benefits of making our food.
Yes, it does make things a bit messier, and it sometimes takes a bit longer. But I think it’s a valuable life skill to be able to cook/bake and navigate around the kitchen, so I am trying to include them from a young age.
And the payoff is that someday, they’ll be able to bake cookies for me! Muahahaha!
We thought about making one of their favorite varieties, Bisquick sugar cookie cutouts, but we were limited on time (the baby only naps for so long!).
I also wanted something that used just a handful of basic staple ingredients.
I headed to my recipe binder and began thumbing through the cookie section. As soon as I turned to the page for the printout of this recipe from Our Best Bites, I knew that’s what we were going to make.
Pretty much every recipe I’ve ever made from the gals at Our Best Bites has been stellar (this cookbook of theirs is one of my favorite and most-used cookbooks!), and these cookies are no exception.
I’ve made these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies countless times and they are so delicious. I’ve adapted the recipe slightly, and these cookies never disappoint.
Bonus: I almost always have the ingredients and they are ready in a flash.
Because they only require a few ingredients, prep time is super quick and clean-up is easy. They are perfect for making with little ones!
More Delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Treats You’ll Love:
- Healthier Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Bundt Cake
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies don’t even require any flour, so they are gluten-free (as long as your particular brand of peanut butter and chocolate chips are gluten-free–be sure to check labels if that matters to you!).
The original recipe lists a few possible variations. You can make them with or without chocolate chips, but I always include the chips if I have them on hand. They really do make them so much better, in my opinion.
I skip the step of rolling them in sugar, because they are sweet enough for me without it. I also omit the vanilla–I’ve made them both with and without it and I can’t tell a difference, so I just leave it out.
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies don’t last long around here, that’s for sure! The next time your sweet tooth starts acting out, give ’em a try!
More Mouth-Watering Cookies You Need in Your Life:
- Perfectly Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Bakery Style Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Easy Brownie Mix Cookies
- Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- M&M Cookie Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or piece of parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg, baking soda, and salt. Beat together for a minute or two until the mixture resembles cookie dough. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Roll the dough into balls (I make mine about the size of a tablespoon of dough) and place on prepared baking sheet. I like to flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass, but you don't have to.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes until you can gently transfer them to a cooling rack.
If you want this recipe to be truly gluten-free, make sure your chocolate chips are gluten-free.
Slightly adapted from Our Best Bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!