These M&M cookie bars are an easy and tasty way to satisfy any crowd’s sweet tooth!
You’re going to love these easy homemade M&M cookie bars, perfect for any time of year!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
There are certain desserts that are really easy to serve to a crowd, that require minimal work yet result in a delicious payoff.
Brownies and bars are one of those types of desserts. There’s no shaping involved, as with cookies; no decorating involved, as with cupcakes; and you don’t even need plates or cutlery to serve them, since they’re an easy grab-and-go dessert!
So I decided to combine the two, using my standard cookie batter and adding some M&Ms, making these M&M cookie bars!
More Easy Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bakery Style Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Snickerdoodles
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Bars
- Twix Cookies Recipe
Easy M&M Bar Cookies for Holidays
One of the most fun things about these cookie bars is that you can switch up the color of M&Ms throughout the year!
You can easily make M&M Christmas cookie bars by using the Christmas M&Ms. Or add in the Valentine’s variety for a special treat in February. The pretty pastel colors that show up around Easter are a lovely addition as well!
How to Make Cookie Bars with M&Ms in Them
It’s really easy to whip up a batch of these bars–all you need is the basic ingredients for chocolate chip cookies. But instead of using chocolate chips, we’ll use M&MS.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Cream butter and sugar. First, you’ll cream together both sugars with the butter, until it’s nice and creamy. Then, you’ll add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, mixing until combined.
Add dry ingredients. Next, you’ll add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing just until combined. Then, add in some of the M&Ms, reserving some for the top.
Bake. Last, you’ll press the batter into a prepared baking dish. Press the remaining M&Ms into the top of the batter, then bake!
Allow them to cool for at least 30-60 minutes before cutting.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbs (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups M&Ms, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing only until combined.
- Add 1 1/4 cup of M&Ms to the batter, stirring just to combine.
- Press batter into the prepared pan. Top with remaining M&Ms, pressing gently into the batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 30-60 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!