These pumpkin banana muffins are moist and tender, with warm spices and a sweet streusel on top!
The best of both worlds join forces in these easy pumpkin banana muffins, which are incredibly moist and delicious!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Muffins and quickbreads are some of my favorite things to bake in our home, because they’re the type of treat that all of us can enjoy.
These are generally pretty versatile treats, too, which can be eaten for breakfast or a snack, or even as a dessert!
It was the best kind of experiment!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Muffins with Pecans
Easy Muffins with Pumpkin and Banana
I made muffins with the pumpkin banana batter, and the result was stellar. They were perfectly moist, thanks to the addition of both mashed bananas and pureed pumpkin.
Not only that, but I added a delicious streusel topping, which added a bit of crunch and even more sweetness!
I liked that the muffins were a good mix of both the pumpkin and banana flavors—one didn’t really overpower the other, which was perfect!
While I think these muffins are delicious at any time of year, I think they are especially suited for fall. They’d be a great Thanksgiving breakfast, too!
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Muffins
It’s really easy to make these simple muffins!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Sour Cream
- Mashed Bananas
- Pumpkin Puree
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine wet ingredients. First, you’ll start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then, add the eggs and sour cream, mixing well. Mix in the mashed bananas and pumpkin puree next.
Mix dry ingredients. Next you’ll whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
Gradually add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
Top with streusel and bake. Divide the batter among the wells of a greased muffin pan.
Then, mix the streusel by combining some sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and vegetable oil until it’s the consistency of wet sand.
Top each muffin with streusel and then bake!
Notes and Adaptations:
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can either make your own or just use cinnamon.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (1 large or 2-3 small)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- For the Streusel Topping:
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2-4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease muffin pans with cooking spray (you'll need about 16 muffin wells greased).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachement (or in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer), cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- With mixer on low speed, add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Add in sour cream, mashed bananas, and pumpkin puree, mixing until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin wells, filling each about 2/3 of the way full.
- Prepare the streusel topping by combining sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add vegetable oil and use your fingers to mix it into the dry ingredients, beginning with 2 Tbsp and adding more as needed to achieve the consistency of wet sand.
- Top the muffin batter with streusel topping, pressing it lightly into the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick in the center comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes.
- You can omit the streusel if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!