You’ll love how easy it is to make these soft and moist pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are a homemade treat–perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
It’s no secret that I love Grandma’s homemade old-fashioned pumpkin bread. And I love chocolate.
But since I can only justify eating cookies for breakfast for so long, I decided to make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! That way, I can enjoy a sweet treat any time of day!
If you’re like me and you love all things pumpkin spice, you have to try these super soft and moist muffins!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- Pillowy Soft Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Turning Pumpkin Bread into Muffins
To make these muffins, I took my favorite pumpkin bread recipe and converted it into a muffin recipe!
I simply decreased the quantities of the ingredients and baked it for a shorter time in a muffin pan instead of a loaf pan.
More Easy Muffin Recipes You’ll Love:
- Cranberry Orange Muffins with Pecans
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Healthier Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from Scratch
It’s really easy to make these muffins! All you need is some simple pantry ingredients to make the batter, then they bake right up into tasty treats!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Pumpkin puree
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine sugar and wet ingredients. First, you’ll cream together the sugar and shortening, using an electric mixer.
Then, add in the eggs and water, mixing until well-combined. Last, add in the pumpkin puree until combined.
Add in dry ingredients. Next, with the mixer on low speed, you’ll add in the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Last, the chocolate chips get added in!
Bake. You’ll divide the batter among the wells of a greased muffin pan, then bake them until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean!
I like to add extra chocolate chips on top of the muffins as well as inside, but that’s just personal preference. You can do this before baking or right after they come out of the oven and they’re still hot.
Notes and Adaptations:
- These muffins are freezer friendly! Simply cool completely before freezing in a freezer-safe container.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a muffin pan or line with cupcake liners (you'll need about 16-18 wells prepared).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and beat well, followed by hot water, mixing well until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in the pumpkin puree until combined.
- Add in the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda, mixing just until combined.
- Last, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter by 1/4-cupfulls into the wells of prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
These muffins freeze great! Simply cool completely and wrap well before freezing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!