Making a pumpkin bundt cake from a cake mix is a super easy way to enjoy a festive fall dessert without a lot of effort!
You’ll love how easy it is to make this pumpkin bundt cake topped with cream cheese frosting!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Cool, crisp weather signals one of the year’s finest transitions. Bright colors of gold and orange drip from the trees. Football lights shine their Friday night glow and we turn to the comforts of warm goodies to celebrate.
We adore the pumpkin spice treats that celebrate the arrival of fall and keep us warm even past autumn and into winter’s dreary cold days.
Pumpkin spice is one of fall’s most cherished flavors, and for good reason! Something about the spicy aroma paired with decadently sweet goodies creates comfort food at its best.
But the reality is, most of us moms don’t have a lot of extra time to spend in the kitchen during the fall season. Back to school, fall festivals, trick-or-treat, and fall sports seasons keep us on the go.
That’s why I decided to create an ultra-easy pumpkin spice bundt cake–one that starts with a cake mix!
It’s a full-size variation of my pressure cooker pumpkin spice bundt cake, but bakes in the oven and provides more generous servings. Because I know you’re gonna want seconds of this one!
More Delicious Pumpkin Dessert Recipes:
- Soft & Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Decadent Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- Grandma’s Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
First of all, as I mentioned, this cake is made with a doctored-up cake mix. That alone should make your heart sing!
If you’re in doubt about this little shortcut, let’s me just cut to the chase and say that there is NO SHAME in using a cake mix to create a show-stopping dessert.
I think it’s also important to acknowledge that bundt cakes are one of the best desserts, simply because they’re SO easy to make. No layering, no meticulous frosting–just a cake that turns into the pretty shape of its pan and is drizzled with some frosting.
Simple, yet super satisfying. And it’s pretty enough to grace a holiday table! Add this to your Thanksgiving dinner dessert menu pronto!
More Bundt Cake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Appelsauce Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Apple Butter Bundt Cake
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Apricot Nectar Bundt Cake
How to Make a Moist Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
The process of making this cake with a cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree is about as simple as it gets.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Spice cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Maple Flavoring or Vanilla Extract (optional)
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Mix cake ingredients. Add spice cake mix to a mixing bowl (I use a stand mixer). Add in water, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
Pour mixture into bundt pan. Pour cake mixture into a greased and lightly floured bundt pan.
Bake. Pop in a preheated oven and bake for about 33-36 minutes.
Make cream cheese icing. Cream together cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar, until it has a paste-like consistency.
Drizzle in milk, a little bit at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved. You want the glaze to be thin enough to be pourable, but thick enough to stay on the cake.
Cool and top with icing. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool. Top with cream cheese icing. Easy peasy!
- For the Cake:
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tbs butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tbs milk (or more for desired consistency)
- 1/2 tsp maple flavoring or vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan.
- Combine all ingredients for the cake in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a handheld electric mixer).
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 33-36 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. While cake cools, prepare icing.
To Prepare Icing:
- Use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar, mixing until it is a paste-like consistency.
- Drizzle in milk, a little bit at a time, continuing to mix until glaze is
smooth. You want the glaze to be thin enough to drizzle but thick enough to stay on the cake. You can use more or less milk to
adjust consistency, if desired.
- If desired, stir maple extract or vanilla extract into the icing. Once cake is completely cool, spoon the icing over the cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!