Instant Pot hamburger and potatoes is an easy, cheesy casserole that’s stick-to-your-ribs good!
A hearty meal, this Instant Pot ground beef and potatoes is a filling and delicious dish!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
You know how some people are “meat and potatoes” people? I can’t say I blame them–there’s just something comforting about a savory and hearty meal.
There’s also something comforting about being able to get dinner on the table quickly, am I right? Knowing you don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen is such a relief!
The Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to get dinner on the table fast.
That’s why I know you’re going to love this recipe for cheesy Instant Pot ground beef and potatoes casserole!
It’s one of those hearty “stick to your ribs” kind of dinners, complete with ground beef, potatoes, and a flavorful cheesy sauce!
Plus, everyone needs some simple Instant Pot ground beef recipes in their life, and this is one of them.
More Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Shepherd’s Pie
- Instant Pot Dolly Parton’s 5 Layer Dinner
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak and Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Classic Chili
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Instant Pot Hamburger and Potatoes
One of the great things about the Instant Pot is its ability to cook things fast and turn a lot of traditional dishes into one-pot meals.
If you’re anything like me, I’m sure you can appreciate having minimal cleanup after a meal!
This recipe for hamburger and potatoes is the perfect example, because you can use your Instant Pot to cook everything.
The result is a cheesy, creamy casserole made with ground beef and potatoes, seasoned with steak seasoning. Talk about easy!!
I think we can all appreciate keeping it quick and easy!
How to Make Instant Pot Ground Beef and Potatoes
It’s really easy to make this dish! You only need a handful of simple ingredients to enjoy a delicious meal in a flash. It may not be the “prettiest” meal, but it sure is tasty!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning (or other steak seasoning of choice)
- 2 cups homemade cream of chicken soup (or you can use canned if you prefer)
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Brown the beef. First, you’ll use the Saute setting on the Instant Pot to brown the ground beef, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain any excess grease.
Add potatoes. Next, you’ll add the potatoes on top of the beef, then pour broth on top and sprinkle in the steak seasoning.
Pressure cook. Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 4 minutes. When the cook time is complete, allow a 5 minute natural release, followed by a quick release of pressure.
Make it cheesy. Last, you’ll stir in the cream of chicken soup and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese until melted.
Give it a taste and add some salt and pepper if needed.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top and let it melt, then serve!
Notes and Adaptations:
- I like to use homemade cream of chicken soup (you can also make gluten-free cream of chicken soup if needed), but you can also use a can of condensed cream of chicken soup mixed with 1 can of water.
- You can add some frozen veggies in if you want to round out the meal!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups diced frozen hash browns
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 cups homemade cream of chicken soup (or 1 can cream of chicken soup + 1 can water)
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I used Colby Jack)
- In the insert pot of the Instant Pot, brown the ground beef using the Saute function. Break apart the beef as it cooks, crumbling it.
- Once beef is browned, press Cancel to turn off the Saute function and drain any excess grease. Add hash browns, beef broth, and steak seasoning.
- Close lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 4 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, allow a 5 minute natural release of pressure, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure. Press Cancel to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Remove lid and stir in the cream of chicken soup and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, stirring to combine and allowing cheese to melt. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top and place lid on top, allowing the steam to melt the cheese.
- Remove lid and serve!
- Feel free to use more cheese if desired.
- If you don't want to use homemade cream of chicken soup, you can use a can of condensed soup mixed with a can of water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 815mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!