Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni is a quick and easy one-pot meal! Tender pasta combines with beef and a creamy sauce for a delicious weeknight meal!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
As much as I love cooking, there are days when I really don’t feel like doing it. Sometimes I lack motivation or inspiration, sometimes our day is just busy, and sometimes I’m worn out by the time dinner rolls around.
That’s why one-pot meals are my JAM these days. I know we are going to have to eat, so I prepare my meal plan in advance, and I try to include as many quick and easy meals as possible.
My Instant Pot has really helped to simplify mealtime, allowing many of our favorite meals to easily become one-pot meals that are ready in minutes.
This Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni is one of those meals. It doesn’t require a ton of pots and pans or strange ingredients. It’s super simple to make, and it is really tasty!
As a kid, Hamburger Helper meals were a weeknight staple in my family. These days, I try to avoid using pre-packaged convenience meals as much as possible, because the homemade versions are usually cheaper, healthier, and tastier! This cheeseburger macaroni is a perfect example of that.
I love the multi-functionality of the Instant Pot, which allows you to brown the beef in the same pot you pressure cook the noodles and seasonings in. It’s almost too easy!
How to Make Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni:
You’ll begin by browning the ground beef in the insert of your Instant Pot (or other electric pressure cooker), breaking the beef apart as it cooks. Layer in the macaroni noodles, seasonings, diced tomatoes, and water.
Next, you’ll cook all of that at high pressure for just 4 minutes. Once the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure for 5 minutes, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure.
Last, you’ll stir in some cheddar cheese condensed soup and some shredded cheese until everything is melty, cheesy, creamy goodness.
Serve it up with a side salad or vegetable of choice and you’re all set for dinner!
More Instant Pot Dinners You’ll Love:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- The Best Pressure Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- A Weeknight Favorite: Chili Mac in the Pressure Cooker
Tips for Making Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni:
- When adding the macaroni, seasonings, tomatoes, and water to the pot, do not stir. You want the noodles to be resting on top of the ground beef.
- When adding the water, be sure to only add as much water as you need to fully cover the macaroni to ensure proper cooking. If you add a lot of extra water, your final result will be soupy. If you don’t cover the noodles adequately, they won’t cook properly.
- I have not personally tried doubling this recipe, so I’m not sure that doubling each ingredient would give the same end result, as you may end up needing more or less liquid to adequately cover the noodles. If you decide to try doubling it, you may need to tweak ingredient amounts to get the same creamy end result.
- You can select a different pasta than elbow macaroni, as long as it isn’t an extremely tiny shape like those little stars or orzo. You may need to adjust cook time with different pasta shapes. The general rule of thumb for cook times for pasta in the pressure cooker is to look at what the pasta box recommends–if it says to boil it for 10 minutes, cut that time in half and that’s your cook time at LOW pressure. Or, if you’re using HIGH pressure (like in this recipe), cut one more minute off of the cook time.
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (I have the DUO60 model and love it!)
New to Pressure Cooking?
Subscribe to the Margin Making Mom newsletter and get instant access to a FREE printable Beginner's Guide to Getting Started with Your Pressure Cooker, which includes a printable Conversion Cheat Sheet to help you convert your favorite slow cooker meals to pressure cooker meals!
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!