This easy Instant Pot pumpkin apple butter is the perfect spread for your favorite bread!
You’ll love this lightly spiced, perfectly sweet pumpkin apple butter–it’s like fall in a jar!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved the warm flavors found in a good jar of apple butter, especially when smeared on some homemade bread.
Whether it’s spread on warm biscuits or freshly baked homemade dinner rolls, it’s such a delicious treat!
Pumpkin apple butter was actually the very first version I ever made at home, on my stove top. Later, I began making my apple butter in the slow cooker.
However, once I became comfortable with my pressure cooker, it was Instant Pot apple butter all the way!
So now, I’ve finally adapted my pumpkin apple butter recipe to be made in the Instant Pot, which is both faster AND easier!
I love using my Instant Pot to make recipes more busy-mom-friendly. That’s why I also use it for my Instant Pot cinnamon “fried” apples!
If you need a recipe that’s free of refined sugar, try my Instant Pot apple butter with maple syrup.
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Apple Butter
What says fall more than pumpkin or apple? Nothing! So pairing the two together is basically like bottling up everything fabulous about fall into one simple spread.
Not only that, but it’s super easy to make in the Instant Pot, which cuts down on cook time and makes the process largely hands-off!
How to Easily Make Apple Butter with Pumpkin Puree
It’s really easy to make this simple pumpkin apple butter recipe! You only need a handful of ingredients to get a perfect depth of flavor with your homemade apple butter!
To make it extra-easy to peel and slice the apples, I use this incredible gadget. I have no idea how I lived without it–it saves me SO much time and energy!
I use it every time I make apple butter, Instant Pot applesauce, or apple pie. You can also use it to peel potatoes!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground allspice
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Combine all ingredients. First, you’ll combine all of the ingredients in the insert pot of the Instant Pot. There’s no need to stir–leave the pumpkin puree on top so it doesn’t scorch on the bottom of the insert pot.
Pressure cook. Next, you’ll close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 20 minutes at high pressure, followed by a natural release.
Blend. Last, you’ll blend or mash to your preferred consistency.
I use an immersion blender, but you could also use a potato masher or let it cool and put it in a blender.
Then, ladle it into some jars or storage containers and let it cool completely before refrigerating.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to use whatever kind of apples you like prefer. I’ve used many different varieties over the years, and they all tasted great. I often use bruised apples or discount apples from the grocery store.
- I usually put extra jars of this in my freezer (make sure your jars are freezer-safe). You could also go through the process of properly canning them if you want them to be shelf-stable!
- 4 lbs apples, peeled and sliced
- 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- In the insert pot of the Instant Pot, combine all ingredients. There's no need to stir--keep the pumpkin puree on top of the apples so it doesn't scorch on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position. Select a cook time of 20 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure. After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to blend/mash apple butter to desired consistency.
- Ladle into jars and cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!