This apple butter quickbread is filled with warm spices and sweetness!
You’ll love this apple butter bread–not only is it easy to make, but it’s a delicious breakfast or dessert option!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Apple butter is perhaps one of the greatest inventions of all time, am I right?
I love it so much, and the apples don’t fall far from the tree in our home (pun intended!)–my kids will eat apple butter with a spoon, just like applesauce.
And because apple butter is so flavorful, it makes a fabulous addition to sweet treats, including this apple butter bread!
- Applesauce Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Instant Pot Apple Butter with Maple Syrup
- Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Butter
- Apple Butter Snickerdoodles
- Easy Apple Butter Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Apple Butter
Why You’ll Love this Recipe for Apple Butter Quick Bread
Quick breads are super simple to make, because there’s no yeast or rising involved. It’s similar to making a cake–you just mix together some ingredients and bake.
This particular apple butter bread is super moist and perfectly sweet, plus it’s lightly spiced. It’s a great treat for late summer or fall when the apple harvests are abundant! And the glaze is quite literally the icing on the cake!
But the nice thing is, since apple butter is available year-round, you can enjoy this bread any time of year!
More Delicious Quickbread Recipes:
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Pistachio Bread
- Grandma Wilhelm’s Pumpkin Bread
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Best Ever Pear Bread
How to Make Apple Butter Bread
It’s really easy to make quickbread with apple butter! You’ll just need some basic ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand already.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Sour Cream
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cloves
- Apple Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Orange Juice
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Make the batter. First you’ll cream together the butter and sugar, then add in the eggs. Once that’s combined, add in the sour cream.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the apple butter to the creamed sugar and butter mixture.
Bake. Next, you’ll pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake!
Top with glaze. Last, you’ll whisk up a glaze with orange juice and powdered sugar, then drizzle that over the bread. So good!
Notes and Adaptations:
- I use homemade apple butter, but you can certainly use store-bought.
- Feel free to add in some chopped nuts if desired–pecans or walnuts would be delicious!
- For the Bread:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup apple butter
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- To the wet ingredients, alternate adding dry ingredients and apple butter, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients (add 1/3 dry ingredients, 1/2 apple butter, 1/3 dry ingredients, remaining 1/2 apple butter, and remaining 1/3 dry ingredients).
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before drizzling with glaze.
- To prepare the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over the cooled bread (glaze will harden slightly as it dries).
I used homemade Instant Pot apple butter, but you can certainly use apple butter from the store.
Feel free to add in some chopped nuts if desired--pecans or walnuts would be delicious!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 2972mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!