Pressure cooker spicy beef flatbread pizzas are an easy, delicious dinner, requiring very little hands-on time!
These spicy beef flatbread pizzas are made easy by using the pressure cooker to cook tender, flavorful beef in a fraction of the normal time.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Growing up, my family spent countless days at Disney World. When we lived in South Carolina, we started taking annual family trips to Orlando every Spring. Later, when we moved to Florida, we purchased annual passes for our family, which we used all the time.
We knew ALL things Disney. Which rides to hit first, how to make the most of the visit, and how to save money while at the parks. No matter how many times we went, there was always something magical and special about it to me.
I was in high school when Disney’s Animal Kingdom opened. It was a fun new park to explore, and I have a lot of memories from being one of the first visitors to the park.
So when I came across the recipe for these African Pulled Beef Sandwiches that were similar to a sandwich offered at the Animal Kingdom, I was intrigued. Surprisingly, I don’t think I’ve ever actually had the Animal Kingdom version, but the recipe sounded delicious.
So I decided to adapt it from a slow cooker recipe into a pressure cooker recipe. You know by now that I take advantage of every opportunity to use my Instant Pot! And, just thinking about Disney World makes me wax nostalgic, so it was a no-brainer to add this recipe to my Plan to Eat meal plan.
The original recipe calls for the shredded beef to be stuffed into pitas. However, when I went to Aldi to pick up some groceries, they didn’t have any pitas. But they did have flatbreads. So, these spicy beef flatbread pizzas were born!
How to Make Instant Pot Spicy Beef Flatbread Pizzas
The result was delicious! The process starts with the Instant Pot and ends with the oven. Thanks to the power of the pressure cooker, the beef cooked up in a fraction of the time. It was tender and flavorful, with the perfect amount of spice.
I simply shredded the beef and drained excess juices, then added it to the flatbread. I shredded a block of mozzarella cheese and generously topped the flatbreads before baking them for about 7 minutes.
Not only do the flatbreads make for a super quick pizza, but the tender beef and tomatoes topped with melty mozzarella made for an incredibly easy and flavorful dinner.
If you have any of the spicy beef leftover after making the pizzas, great! It is also delicious served over a bed of rice or noodles!
These spicy beef flatbread pizzas are a cinch to make and are full of flavor. And they make me think about how excited I am to take my kids to Disney World someday to experience the magic I grew up with. 🙂 Give these a try, I think you’ll love them!
- Instant Pot (I have the DUO60 7-in-1 model, which I love!)
You can read more about making easy pressure cooker recipes here and about converting slow cooker recipes into pressure cooker recipes here!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One chuck roast, 2-3 lb, cut into 2-3" chunks
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional, depending on your spice preference)
- 15-oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 Naan flatbreads
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I like a lot of cheese, but you can decrease this amount if desired)
- In the insert pot of an Instant Pot, add oil and onions.
- Using the saute function, cook onions until they start to become translucent.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Press "Cancel" to turn off the saute function.
- Add chuck roast, cumin, cayenne pepper, allspice, jalapeno (if using), diced tomatoes, and water.
- Place lid on Instant Pot, setting the vent to the sealed position.
- Using the manual function on high pressure, select a 60 minute cook time.
- Once cook time has completed, allow a natural pressure release.
- After the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully open the lid. Remove the beef and shred with two forks. Return to liquid and stir (returning to the liquid is optional, since you'll be draining the beef when you top the pizza, but I think it adds more flavor to return it to the liquid).
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- When ready to assemble the pizzas, top each flatbread with beef, tomatoes, and onions, draining additional liquid as needed.
- Sprinkle each pizza liberally and evenly with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake directly on oven rack for 7-9 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Adapted from Eat at Home Cooks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 692Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1261mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 37g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!