This holiday gingerbread loaf with maple cream cheese frosting is the quintessential holiday dessert! It is warmly spiced and perfectly sweet!
Once Thanksgiving is over, I waste no time moving into full-blown Christmas mode. Truly, it is my absolute favorite holiday!
Confession…I am totally one of those people who starts celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving. I start playing Christmas music in early November (if I can wait that long) and put up my decorations before Thanksgiving is over.
It’s not that I don’t like Thanksgiving, it’s just that I feel the Christmas season is too short, so I like to start the celebration a little bit early. 🙂 The sights and sounds of the season are second to none. The anticipation that builds as we count down the days until Christmas fills my heart.
But now that the rest of the world is in Christmas mode, I can share this wonderful recipe for gingerbread with maple cream cheese frosting. It just wouldn’t be right to keep this one to myself!
You know how some desserts just simply scream “Christmas?” This is absolutely one of those.
Today I’m sharing a quintessential holiday dessert– gingerbread! It is loaded with warm spices and is delightfully sweet on its own thanks to the depth provided by brown sugar and molasses, but it is completely taken to the next level with the addition of maple cream cheese frosting.
I’ve decided the frosting is definitely not optional…it’s just that good!
This holiday gingerbread loaf is baked in a loaf pan but is moist and cake-like in texture. It can serve as a dessert for a holiday dinner, a snack when you need a break from wrapping presents, or even an easy breakfast for Christmas morning.
I’m a big fan of easy holiday treats, and this gingerbread with maple cream cheese frosting definitely fits the bill. It’s a breeze to prepare and is the perfect tasty addition to your holiday menu or to bring along to a holiday get-together. You’ll love it!
If you’re looking for more festive treats, check out these holiday favorites:
- Cranberry Streusel Pie: A Festive and Beautiful Holiday Dessert
- How to Make Peppermint Swirl Marshmallows for the Holidays
- For the Gingerbread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tbs milk, plus more if needed
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- Grease a loaf pan and preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine molasses and hot water, whisking to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and brown sugar, beating with paddle attachment until creamed together well, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding the dry ingredients and the molasses mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together. Drizzle in maple extract and milk while mixing, adding more milk as needed to thin frosting to desired consistency.
- Remove cooled gingerbread to serving platter and spread frosting on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!