Learn how easy it is to make pineapple sorbet in the Ninja Creami with this simple recipe.
You’ll love this easy Ninja Creami pineapple sorbet recipe–it takes minimal effort to enjoy a cool and creamy treat.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I’ve been making homemade pineapple sorbet with fresh pineapple for many years now.
With that recipe, I puree fresh pineapple with some sugar, then freeze it in my Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment.
It’s a delightful treat that we enjoy every summer, and it’s one of my daughter’s favorites! We love the Disney Dole Whip, so making our own sorbet is an easy way to enjoy a sweet treat at home.
But this summer, I invested in a Ninja Creami ice cream maker, which uses a different method for preparing cool and creamy frozen treats.
So I decided to try my hand at making Ninja Creami pineapple sorbet, using just a can of pineapple!
Yes, that’s right, just one ingredient and we were enjoying a cool and refreshing sorbet. That’s why it’s on my list of the best Ninja Creami recipes!
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Love:
- Decadent Ninja Creami Chocolate Ice Cream
- Easy Ninja Creami Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Copycat Chunky Monkey Banana Ice Cream
Making Sorbet in the Ninja Creami
The Ninja Creami reverses the typical process of making sorbet! Instead of churning the base in a frozen drum of an ice cream maker, you prepare the fruit base and freeze it for at least 24 hours.
Then you pop it into your Ninja Creami, which “creamifies” the base with the Sorbet setting (one of seven settings on the machine), by finely chopping or shaving the frozen concoction.
It’s worth noting that the Ninja Creami is not a blender–in fact, the blades aren’t even sharp.
Surprisingly, the result is delightfully refreshing sorbet!
The crazy thing is, you can use canned fruit to make sorbet! The degree of sweetness is determined by the liquid the fruit is packed in.
Pineapple packed in juice will be less sweet, pineapple packed in light syrup will be medium sweet, and pineapple packed in heavy syrup will be the most sweet.
How to Make Pineapple Sorbet in the Ninja Creami
It’s really easy to make this simple sorbet using canned pineapple.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Canned pineapple (in juice, light syrup, or heavy syrup)
How to Make It:
(Full printable recipe is available below)
Pack the pint. First, you’ll transfer the pineapple chunks to the Ninja Creami pint, pressing down to fit them all in, if needed.
Pour enough of the juice/syrup from the can to fill it to the maximum fill line. Reserve any extra juice and store in the refrigerator.
Freeze. Next, you’ll close the lid on the pint and transfer to a flat location in your freezer (you want it to freeze nice and level) and freeze for 24 hours.
Creamify. After 24 hours, remove the lid from the pint and insert into the bowl of the Ninja Creami. Lock the lid and click the bowl into place.
Select the Sorbet function and let the Ninja do the rest!
Re-Spin if needed. After the cycle has run, your sorbet might be crumbly. If so, try running the pint through the Re-Spin cycle to see if that helps.
If not, add a tablespoon of the reserved pineapple juice to the mixture and Re-spin again. This should do the trick!
Notes and Adaptations:
- The level of sweetness will depend on the liquid the pineapple is packed in. Choose based on your preference!
- If you don’t have any reserved pineapple juice, you can use milk (or non-dairy milk) for re-spinning, if needed.
- 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, light syrup, or heavy syrup
- Scoop the pineapple chunks from the can and transfer into Ninja Creami pint.
- Pour pineapple juice (from the can) into the pint, filling to the max fill line. Reserve any remaining juice in the refrigerator.
- Close lid on pint and transfer to a level surface in your freezer. Freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove from freezer and take off lid. Place pint into Ninja Creami bowl and secure lid.
- Insert bowl into Ninja Creami machine and lock into place. Press the Sorbet button and allow the cycle to complete.
- Remove from Ninja Creami. If mixture is crumbly, re-insert into Ninja Creami and use the Re-spin button. If mixture is still crumbly, add a tablespoon of reserved pineapple juice to the sorbet and run the Re-spin cycle again.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The level of sweetness will depend on the liquid your pineapple is packed in, with juice being least sweet and heavy syrup being most sweet.
- If you don't have reserved pineapple juice and need to run the Re-spin cycle, you can use milk (or non-dairy milk) instead.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Get the Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart
Join the free community and you'll learn simple ways to easily create tasty food for your family, as well as immediate access to the FREE Instant Pot Meal Plan Jumpstart to help you get a tasty dinner on the table in a flash!
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience in such a friendly and delightful way!!! So far, I'm very impressed with the results...thanks again for your guidance into this new realm of cooking!" -Margaret
Enter my free resource library for my latest printables and resources! Password is 'IHEARTMARGIN' -- please copy and paste that in at the link above. Thanks for being a subscriber!!